Home Despots -- NEVER again!

Is this in addition to an IQ above room temperature??

Reply to
Stu Fields

Of course, so that leaves you out.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I guess they aren't worried, now that HD and Lowes are the only players in a lot of places. Builder's Square went bankrupt, and 84 lumber disappeared around here. The other places either are too small to offer those services, or only sell to contractors. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

When Builder's Square opened here, two local and two smaller chain hardware stores folded within 6 months. Then BS folded and we had nothing close...

until Home Despot opened...

David

Reply to
David R.Birch

I have the same reaction, when I get to the front door, and it's equally English and Spanish for all the signage.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I just don't understand why you object to a business providing customer service. when you go to a store in say france, or thailand, or spain, don't you find it helpful that they provide signs in English - why do you have this anti-business reaction?

Reply to
Bill Noble

The last time my dad called Lowes about his shed they told him the Orange County Sherriff had arrested the contractor, and siezed the materials in Orlando. That is several hours away from the jobsite.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You live in a very small, intolerant world.

I'm from Vermont, where the signs are almost all in English; occasionally adding French.

But I've lived and hardware shopped for years in Africa, China and now the Middle East. I sure appreciate it when some signs are in English, along with the Arabic and Chinese!

Otherwise you end up like I did a couple weeks ago in Thuwal, Saudi Arabia. I had to dig thru some construction trash to be able to define "Plywood" and "Washer"... by bringing a sample with me.

Let's keep the big problems to finding materials and designing and building stuff....

Regards, Terry King ..On the Red Sea at KAUST.edu.sa snipped-for-privacy@terryking.us Newsletter:

Community Information:

TerryKing

There are Spanish speaking people in my town. You are welcome to not come here.

Reply to
rangerssuck

If you are going to live in a country why not learn a bit of the language?

John B. Slocomb (johnbslocombatgmaildotcom)

Reply to
John B. Slocomb

Oyforchureh!

Gunner, for whom Finnglish was his native language.

Reply to
Gunner Asch