homemade charcoal furnace

I am building my first homemade charcoal furnace for hobby metal casting. I plan to make ornamental stuff out of brass aluminium and anything else I can melt! I am in Darwin, Australia and am having trouble sourcing materials. If anyone has any advice or practical comments please email me. snipped-for-privacy@octa4.net.au I am particularily intersested in contacting fellow Aussie's who have their own furnace or know of suppliers I could use. Darwin is fairly remote from anything and if I can't source locally I have to pay an arm and a leg to get it here! Cheers... Moose.

Reply to
Bruce Bennett

Here is a link on a good way to make charcoal

Ken Vale