WHICH GREASE FOR DIE-SINKER SPINDLE ?

Just got myself an Alexandra 3a pantograph....this is the one that looks identical to the deckel gk-21....and is a 3d pantograph/die-sinker. There is one thing puzzeling me in. in the intruction manual it recomends that you pump vaseline (PETROLIUM JELLY) into the spindle/cutting head. I cant see vaseline having any antiwear properties..... Has anyone used one of these machines .......can they recomend anything better than this....bearing in mind that the spindle can turn at up to ten thousand rpm. SOME OF THE DECKEL VERSIONS DO TWENTY THOUSAND RPM. IF anyone has a deckel users manual what does it say in there about the lube. Also has anyone got a cam profiling atachment and a setting bar for this machine....or any other atachments come to think about it. All the best.........mark

Reply to
mark

I use Mobile sch 32 a soft buttery and very pure synthetic in mine, it is used by Honeywell inc to lube mechanical Gyros for aircraft. Dennis

Reply to
Waffen54

ok thanks Dennis Also been onto the deckel gk-21 owners and they say. The _ONLY_ grease to use is KLUEBER ISOFLEX SUPER TEL ALL THE BEST..MARK

JOIN MY YAHOO GROUP IF YOUR INTERESTED IN PANTO'S

mark