How do I put the hand back on a dial indicator?

If I just push it on do I risk damaging the bearing? If so, any tips on how to hold the shaft while pushing? (My miniature bent nose pliers are way too big.)

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

I found Ted Edwards DropBox post about cleaning DI's:

He says "I lock the hands in place on their tapers with a tap from my little instrument maker's hammer." Jeez, I don't know if I want to tap them on. Doesn't sound good for the bearing.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt