MIG welder spool gun

My Century 250 MIG welder is getting uppity. Welds good then shitty. Something in the wire feed keeps snagging

I have a Lincoln LN-7 spool gun or wire feeder unit. Has anyone ever put one of these units on a Century welder. How does the hookup go?

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Most feeders you can change the feed tube in the line. Check for build up on the rollers.

Reply to
Calif Bill

BTDT, everything multiple times. Sick of it. "The Kid" suggested upgrading to the better unit, good idea if things are compatible.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Just a cheap fix to try .......... put an .045" liner in there. The problems you describe can be caused by a dirty liner, and the oversized one, even when using .030 or .035 takes a long long long time to fill up with crud, plus will take more bending before squeezing the wire and causing it to get uppity.

I do it on all my wirefeeds the first time I change a liner.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB