how do I set it up

I own a chinese 3 in 1 shoptask (save your comments) and would like to do some small engine cylinder resizing. I have several ideas in my head as to setup but I am sure some of you have crossed this bridge before. I would like to do small briggs and so forth, as they are integral with crankcase they need to be set up on the carrage and peerhaps cut with a boring head. Motorcycle and snowmobile cylinders might better be fastened to the headstock and cut with a boring bar.I don't own a boring head and before I buy or make one I thought I would post here. I am looking for someone who has done this before and what they found worked best Mike

Reply to
mike holmquist

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 11:19:30 -0800, mike holmquist wrote (in message ):

The official Briggs & Stratton repair manual (Of 20 years ago) has plans for a fixture allowing their engine cylinders to be oversized in a drill press by use of a large flexible hone. That's the kind that looks like a large cylindrical bristle brush with abrasive balls on the ends of the bristles.

Roger in Vegas Worlds Greatest Impulse Buyer

Reply to
Roger Hull

Reply to
mike holmquist