How to explain evaporative cooling to idiots?

Rules to live by #37 (or something like that...):

Never argue with an idiot. Folks might lose track of which is which.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Foster

True enough. I of course also use evap cooling. With the humitity recently..Ive had some rust issues Ive never had before. I leave windows open at the far end of the house from the cooler..yet its also been sauna season. I noticed my reloading dies and bullet molds were building a fine layer of rust when I checked them this past weekend. This in a seperate closed off room from the rest of the house. So I stuck (6), 8" muffin fans on a chunk of masonite and mounted it into a open window frame in that room.

Later that night, I noticed the humidtiy was down a fair amount, but still much higher than I like. This is gonna be an issue Im afraid

Gunner

"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're around."

"Democrat. In the dictionary it's right after demobilize and right before demode` (out of fashion).

-Buddy Jordan 2001

Reply to
Gunner

it is called a thermometer.

stick a couple around and read the values. then open all the doors and windows. wait half an hour and read them again. let the numbers be your guide.

Stealth Pilot

Reply to
Stealth Pilot

Closing everything up can make perfect sense in the morning and no sense in the afternoon. Just monitor an indoor/outdoor thermometer. You're using lots of big fans, right? Put a wet towel in front of a fan and see if anyone likes that air.

Reply to
Davej

Reply to
RoyJ

Does the military use swamp coolers? If so, why not just point that out to the idiots in question? Physics isn't the way to change their mind if they're being clue-resistant.

Reply to
Dave Hinz