how to remove brass part from steel tank?

I need to remove a brass manifold from a steel air tank. Have been unable to budge it using Kroil and heat. Looked in archives but didn't find an answer. Please help!

Reply to
Ted Walker / Strategic Industr

I bet its knurled and/or soldered in place. More heat, more force. If its threaded, you'll still need more heat and force!

Reply to
carl mciver

if it is a pipe thread , have you tried tightening it a little before attempting to loosen?

old pipe fitters trick

Reply to
WILLIAM HENRY

Reply to
Don Young

Good Idea, but it won't float. The ammonia will dissolve the zinc out of the brass and just leave a brittle mess. Any pressure will break it.

Reply to
Tom Miller

From the description and header I assumed that was the idea, to get rid of the brass part. Don Young

Reply to