HTS-2000 any good?

Is this stuff any good? I want to fabricate some small AL tubes in the
from of a cube?
'm guessing a zinc alloy, but is it good?
Karl
Reply to
kfvorwerk
And, is it better than the mythical 'alumalloy'?
Dave
Reply to
spamTHISbrp
Decorative or structural?
Reply to
Jim Wilkins
If it melts with propane, it almost certainly is zinc based. I've used the hardware store variety and it's useful, but not nearly as good as they say (surprise). This stuff is certainly not $65 a lb (+ shipping) good (I paid $16ish). It's best use is filling stripped/wallowed out holes for re-drilling (& tapping). It's weakest use is under tension. What sort of stress will your cubes be subjected to?
Bob
Reply to
Bob Engelhardt