Hydraulic (Metal Finish) Question

When folks "make" hydraulic cylinder surfaces, I am curious what the optimal finish is... We are thinking 6-8 Ra, but some have said even finer is necessary...

We want virtually no weepage and certainly no leakage... Pressures not to exceed 250 PSI.

Anyone have lots of experience with this and a definite answer?

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 (908) 542-0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:

Spindle Drills:
V8013-R

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Two words: "Planned Obsolescence"

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I was thinking more along the lines of "lack of contamination."

There is enough of a market out there, and enough foolish forklift drivers that my machines can be built to last forever and I'll still get repeat sales and parts orders.

There's not a tool in the world that can withstand a blow from the "foolish forklift driver from Hell" for under $10,000... (someone will be along shortly to prove me wrong I'm sure)

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 (908) 542-0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:

Spindle Drills:
V8013-R

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill