I want to add a pulser to my Lincoln TIG

I have a Lincoln Idealarc TIG 250/250. It's a big unit, not one of the newer inverter types. I saw on the Lincoln web site that there is a pulser unit available for the newer machines, model LINK 1619-1 for about $360. My unit has the 6 pin amphenol connector for remote control and was wondering if I could use it with the newer pulser unit?

Reply to
chrisg

Simple answer, no. The newer machines have pulsing ability built into the boards. The controller just keys into this. Older machines can't react fast enough to take advantage of a pulser, or at least that is how it was explained to me by a experiences welder reapir guy I know.

The earliest machines with built in pulsers were in the 70's, but they weren't common until the 80's.

It would be simpler to build a timer circuit that runs inline with your foot pedal.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler