I would like to hear from anyone with information about PM lathes

Hello,I am looking for information concerning best lathe buys today.I used to set up and operate them for about 5.5 years,but that was back in the mid '70s.I dont want Chinese,Tiawanese is not really what I want either unless truly worth the money.I would much rather buy used good that new inferior.I have read some about Precision Mathews- are they also Taiwan made? Thanks for your knowledge.

Reply to
Rmany

PM machines are Chinese, although they are one of the better-regarded Asian brands. Good luck finding good used US-made machines. The newest of them is 25 years old. Currently, the 1990s Taiwanese machines are bringing high er money from those who want quality but can't find decent US iron.

Reply to
Rex

Logans were made in the USA and still enjoy support by the manufacturer . Mine's as old as I am and can still hold tolerances under a thou - with a lantern toolpost and HSS/Cobalt tooling . Also sold as Wards PowrKraft

Reply to
Terry Coombs

PM = Precision Matthews

PM also = PowerMatic (Logan/Houdaille) to some people

Reply to
Rex