Split Point Drill Bits

Does anyone have a link to a good picture of a split-point drill bit?
I've been looking, and all I see are side views -- I'd like a top view so
that I can (a) verify that I really don't have any, and (b) see if I can
make one out of the non-split-points that I have.
Danke.
Reply to
Tim Wescott
Thanks. Aside from instilling an unrequitable lust in my heart for a drill sharpening fixture, that sets me right up.
Reply to
Tim Wescott
Besides youtube (per other replies) put split-point drill bit into google images; several end-on views appear. One is from web page which describes a dozen or so shop built drill sharpening jigs. See eg for a good oblique view and tip diagram. Note, I would call the relevant end-on views bottom views instead of top views. If you really want a top view see following picture: o
Reply to
James Waldby
I do have a spare Darex M500 sitting on a shelf.......
Gunner
Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli
Reply to
Gunner

Site Timeline