Split Point Drill Bits

Does anyone have a link to a good picture of a split-point drill bit? I've been looking, and all I see are side views -- I'd like a top view so that I can (a) verify that I really don't have any, and (b) see if I can make one out of the non-split-points that I have.

Danke.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Search split point drill on youtube for a Darex XT3000 video

Reply to
Pete C.

Thanks. Aside from instilling an unrequitable lust in my heart for a drill sharpening fixture, that sets me right up.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Yes, they have some nice stuff... wish I could afford it.

Reply to
Pete C.

I resemble that remark. I can't count the tools I wish I had.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Besides youtube (per other replies) put split-point drill bit into google images; several end-on views appear. One is from web page which describes a dozen or so shop built drill sharpening jigs. See eg for a good oblique view and tip diagram. Note, I would call the relevant end-on views bottom views instead of top views. If you really want a top view see following picture: o

Reply to
James Waldby

How about "business-end view"?

Reply to
Tim Wescott

I do have a spare Darex M500 sitting on a shelf.......

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli

Reply to
Gunner