IBM type M keyboard

I was digging out a monitor to give away and found an IBM type M keyboard with a PS/2 mini din plug. What's it worth?

On Tue, 09 Jul 2013 19:49:09 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

$50 on Ebay..or more.
Gunner
--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of

IBM type M keyboards have a feel of their own that's why they go for more than $10 on Ebay l-)
--
John G

Didn't know that. Hey, so what's it worth? . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .

IBM type M keyboards have a feel of their own that's why they go for more than $10 on Ebay l-)
--
John G

One thing is USB keyboards are really nice but when you are at the DOS / Bios level you will need the PS/2 mini Din plug.
I keep one around the house in a box just for that. You have to have a fancy Bios that you can enable USB once you have the old one attached.
I used to build from scratch all sorts of laptops/towers/servers as my product line was the memory on board from Simm to DIMM to SoDim with Dram/Fast-page/ripple/DDR/DDRII - retired before DDRII came out.
Martin
On 7/10/2013 1:44 AM, John G wrote:

On Wed, 10 Jul 2013 02:18:47 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
But they dont have IBM type Ms.
If you have never used one....you are pissing down your leg.

--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
Gunner Asch wrote:

And around a corner, too. :)
ABout 20 years ago I sold a whole pile of them to a IBM authorized business computer service company at a small hamfest. People were sneering at them, and telling me the prices were a rip-off, that used keyboards were only worth 50 cents. His jaw dropped. Then he bought all of them, and the new spare cords without haggling.
On Wed, 10 Jul 2013 04:03:49 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

Ayup...I look for them and when I find them in second hand stores and used computer places..Ill snag em and bring em home.
The replacements..are not cheap
http://pckeyboard.com/page/category/IBMKBD
http://pckeyboard.com/page/category/Classic
A somewhat similar keyboard..
http://www.daskeyboard.com/model-s-professional/
--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
On 7/10/2013 3:17 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Mine has survived many cups of coffee, drops to the floor and other abuse. I can't read some of the keys anymore. And, I still like the feel.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

You like mushy Chinese keyboards? I have over 100 of that grade, that I give away.
Chinese mushly good, velly mushly so. Goodly san. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
You like mushy Chinese keyboards? I have over 100 of that grade, that I give away.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

And have no tactile feedback.