IBM type M keyboard

I was digging out a monitor to give away and found an IBM type M
keyboard with a PS/2 mini din plug. What's it worth?
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell
$50 on Ebay..or more.
Gunner
Reply to
Gunner Asch
Walmart has keyboards, starting about ten bucks, new. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus
. .
I was digging out a monitor to give away and found an IBM type M keyboard with a PS/2 mini din plug. What's it worth?
Reply to
Stormin Mormon
Stormin Mormon used his keyboard to write :
IBM type M keyboards have a feel of their own that's why they go for more than $10 on Ebay l-)
Reply to
John G
But they dont have IBM type Ms.
If you have never used one....you are pissing down your leg.
Reply to
Gunner Asch
And around a corner, too. :)
ABout 20 years ago I sold a whole pile of them to a IBM authorized business computer service company at a small hamfest. People were sneering at them, and telling me the prices were a rip-off, that used keyboards were only worth 50 cents. His jaw dropped. Then he bought all of them, and the new spare cords without haggling.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell
You like mushy Chinese keyboards? I have over 100 of that grade, that I give away.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell
Ayup...I look for them and when I find them in second hand stores and used computer places..Ill snag em and bring em home.
The replacements..are not cheap

A somewhat similar keyboard..

Gunner Asch
Didn't know that. Hey, so what's it worth? . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus
. .
IBM type M keyboards have a feel of their own that's why they go for more than $10 on Ebay l-)
Reply to
Stormin Mormon
Chinese mushly good, velly mushly so. Goodly san. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus
. .
You like mushy Chinese keyboards? I have over 100 of that grade, that I give away.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon
And have no tactile feedback.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell
One thing is USB keyboards are really nice but when you are at the DOS / Bios level you will need the PS/2 mini Din plug.
I keep one around the house in a box just for that. You have to have a fancy Bios that you can enable USB once you have the old one attached.
I used to build from scratch all sorts of laptops/towers/servers as my product line was the memory on board from Simm to DIMM to SoDim with Dram/Fast-page/ripple/DDR/DDRII - retired before DDRII came out.
Martin
Reply to
Martin Eastburn
Mine has survived many cups of coffee, drops to the floor and other abuse. I can't read some of the keys anymore. And, I still like the feel.
Reply to
Tom Gardner