Interview Attire

Let the record show that it was written back on Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:28:42 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :

I keep a small notebook, several sheets of paper stapled together pamphlet style. Names, dates, addresses, wages, phone numbers, supervisor's name, kind of work. Fits in a pocket, and I don't have to try and remember everything. (Working through temp agencies for a couple years, there were a lot of jobs, and I needed to know what I was doing when just for my own sake.) I also have a copy of a background investigation form, where I list all my jobs, and everyplace I've lived. (Plus mother's maiden name, Father's military service, and other esoterica.) This does two things, keeps my records straight, and makes it "easy" if I ever have to fill out another one. What the heck, They(tm) have a dossier on you, you might as well keep your own file. :-)

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Let the record show that "Nottingham" wrote back on Mon, 26 Sep 2005 19:27:56 -0400 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

I recall the story of "Joe", Wrote out his resume on a yellow pad, in pencil. Shows up for the interview in tee shirt and jeans, with an articulated "Day of the Dead" Skeleton earring, in a day before men wearing earrings was acceptable. They hired him, at some enormous salary. OF course, they were headhunting _him_, they wanted him, the job was his if he wanted it. Another case of "I get to play with all these neat toys, and you pay me too?"

It is one thing to do something to stand out, but once you have Their attention, you better be able to produce.

Which is why I stick with "clean, neat, prepared and conversant with the biz." When Bill took note of the long commute, and asked "What are your plans to take care of that?" I said "move."

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Let the record show that Gunner wrote back on Wed, 28 Sep 2005 04:16:44 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :

Oh, so like, it is almost a uniform, or requirement?

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Let the record show that "Mike Young" wrote back on Wed, 28 Sep 2005 01:14:14 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :

Not really.

If someone is the sort to add seasoning to something they don't know the taste of, what other things will they do without checking first? As in the small things, so in the important things. Is he the sort to turn on a machine without checking to see if feeds & speeds are correct? Some lessons are expensive.

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Let the record show that "mr electron" wrote back on 29 Sep 2005 16:54:33 -0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

Congratulations.

As Is ay a fair amount at work "Beats working. Which is anything involving heavy lifting, or being out in the weather."

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Alright, pass that shaker. I need to watch carefully now to see what I'm inadvertantly saying about myself. Is it one shakes or two that means "I'm happy and I know it." Does the blonde dog hair mean my lab took over the furniture? or does it just mean my girlfriend's car needs cleaning? What exactly does it say if I happen to prefer Thousand Island on Tuesday, but Wednesday is definitely Russiand dressing?

So, how closely can you palm a bar of cold rolled? (10 thou is nothing; that's more than 1/32 on the circumference.) More to the point, what infallible tools do you use to measure a man?

Reply to
Mike Young

In article , Larry Jaques wrote: : :I'd think it would tranlate to a guy who took a cut on the lathe :prior to miking the piece.

Mind telling me what I'd gain by miking a piece of raw stock the probably isn't even particularly round?

Reply to
Robert Nichols

More to the point, what

His wife, or his ex-wife.

SWMBO made me post this.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

I have to say that I definitely remember my mother's maiden name. :)

Anyway, what you do makes perfect sense...

Ignoramus3121