Iron ore

Does anyone know of a source for iron ore or ore pellets ? A few hundred pounds would be plenty. I'm in southwestern Vermont but would still make the purchase if it were far away. Its for a reenactment group project.

any info appreciated

Andrew

Reply to
AndrewV

My local potters supply house has iron ore, which is used for adding color.

Reply to
MikeMandaville

Are there any steel mills in the area. I know, kinda obvious, but thought I'd ask. Have STELCO in Hamilton,Ont. in my backyard, so iron ore isn't really a problem to get... hth j

Reply to
j.b. miller

I'd contact the Chamber of Commerce in Virginia, Eveleth, Hibbing, Two Harbors or Silver Bay in Minnesota and ask them. When I had a 5th grade project on the state around 1980, they were happy to send a small bag of taconite pellets for free. There's got to be someone willing to ship a few boxes of them to you.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Bergstrom

Edmund Fitzgerald ? Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

As my cousin for some. He is still on board.

Gunner

"A vote for Kerry is a de facto vote for bin Laden." Strider

Reply to
Gunner