Is there a reversible way to make chrome less shiny.

I bought a Kawasaki Eliminator 125 motorcycle. It has a big chrome-plated plastic fixture on the top of the fuel tank that houses some indicator lights and the fill cap.
It's huge and REALLY shiny. When the sun hits it at the right angle, it's blinding. Today, I had two instances where I was driving blind for several seconds. I'd paint it black, but that's gonna make it look ugly and kill the resale value. Still better than me driving blind.
How can I reduce the reflectivity without making a mess?
On 7/31/17 4:32 AM, mike wrote:

Waterproof tape or something similar you can remove if/when you want to sell the bike?

Plasti-dip aerosol paint. Peels off cleanly when it's time to sell.
mike wrote:

Clean it VERY well, then mask off the tank and spray it with Plasti-Dip or one of the other peeling type paints. It will peel off when you want to sell if the new owner wishes.
--
Steve W.

On 07/31/2017 05:32 AM, mike wrote:

ya could try some vinyl wrap, john

Aluminum paint, or possibly a coat of "flat clear" Or wrap it with inyl wrap, or try some "plasti-dip" in your choice of colour - can be easily pealed off when you want it shiny again.