Is there a way to make someone input a higher value for an equation? (like Excel does)

I have a dimension that is run by an equation, but if you put a value lower than 10, the equation gets errors. I want to set it so the person cannot enter a lower value than 10, and if they do, a message will pop up telling you to enter a value greater than 10. Excel can do this with data validation, can SW ?

Reply to
SW Monkey

The only way I can think of to do that would be to drive the dim with a design table and do the validation there.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Use the VB IIf(expr, truepart, falsepart) function. Look up in excel Visual Basic help if you need it.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Streich

Yes, but that would only return a value. I want a message displayed that says "You must enter a number greater than 10"

I guess I could just put a IIF(X>10, equation here, 10)

Reply to
SW Monkey

I assumed you'd comment to enter 10 of better, but the IIF() would compensate for dolts.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Streich

Low tech approach that I use during design process - modify the text for the dim (in the property manager) to say 'Value must be greater than 10'. You won't be able to see the dim without also seeing the message. If you show dim names, you can also do it there. this won't mess up drawing - text modfications appear in the drawing - but the downside is that showing dim names is a system property and you can't guarantee that everyone working on the file will be set up to make the dim names visible.

Reply to
ed1701