Is there a way to ancor, or lock down a OLE Object? Like Excel Worksheet?

I created a titleblock with an excel worksheet as the revision block. I cant figure out a way to lock the corner of the block to the corner of my title block. Without this, everytime you add a new revision, you have to right-click the revision block, choose "Resize" (which resizes to approriate size), then you have to zoom in to the corner of the titleblock and the revision block and line them up.

Does anyone know a better way to do this?

Any suggestions on new revision blocks would be great, thanks :)

Reply to
SW Monkey

What version are you running? I saw a demo of the new table editor in 2004. It seems to be quite efficient and easy to use (SW now emulates Excel functions for formatting and such while linking the SW data) and it can be anchored to a given location on the title block.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Streich

Hi there - The short ansewer is that they will not lock to a given point.

Unfortunately upon edit, SW does not do an automatic resize, which you have to do manually. Once edited, the object is squished or expanded into the original boundaries.

A manual resize is a bit annoying, but it still makes the excel revision sheet worth having (at least for me).

(But) The 2004 tables look promising and I have started to use them, especially when I will make .DWGs for someone, since the object never translates nicely out to DWG (moves around, is huge, etc.) while the table comes in a reasonably well formatted text.

Regards-

SMA

Reply to
Sean-Michael Adams