It feels good!!! (metal content)

I've had this 3 in 1 (shear, roller, brake) tool for about 8 years now. Got it at a machine shop auction for $ 100. It is a Wood, made in Taiwan. Only used it once to roll some rings and stayed away from it because it wouldn't shear even the thinnest metal.

I pulled it out of the dust pile the other day and decided that I will adjust the blades to a tighter tolerance. Well, one thing led to another and before I knew it I had it completely apart, washed every part in my washer, scrubbed every part with steel wool, oiled and reassembled. One of the rollers had a bearing missing, so I got to use my lathe. It only took a mere 10 hours!!

After assembly and adjustments it works like a charm. BTW, the blades are reversible so I flipped them over to give me brand new shearing edges. So proud and happy with the results that I even stitched together (yes I sew) a cover to keep the dust off.

Sure feels good to bring an old hunk of iron back to life!!!!

Ivan Vegvary

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

My kind of guy! I do a lot of that except I never get one done before I've decided something else is more interesting.

Don Young

Reply to
Don Young