Well, after several interruptions, I finally got everything wired up
tonight. Reading through the manual was worse than stereo instructions
though. I finally thought I was ready, so I turned on the house breaker,
and then the garage breaker. Unit powered up and I started setting the
paramaters I thought I needed. Then turned on the interrupt switch and
then the main switch to the compressor. No sparks flying...good...
Try the Jog button first. Nothing happens. Ok, well, I'll try turning
the Hz down from 60 to 6 and try it. Click-click-click-click-(hit the
Hmm...maybe just too slow. Bump it up to 18 Hz. Click-click-click(almost
hit the stop, but it start turning)click-click-click(hit the stop button
Ok, verified that the flywheel and motor are turning in the correct
direction. Turn it back up to 60 Hz. Ok, time to check the cutout for
the pressure switch circuit this time too. Press Run and
click-click-click-turn-thump-thump-thump... It is turning, and up to speed
now, but hey the cutout is off, it shouldn't be running...hit stop. It
slows down and ends with click-click-click...
Look through the book. Aha! The coast command and the line lockout
command (which is different than setting the line lockout paramaters) are
in the same paramater. Set now! Time to test. Push Run, nothing. Aha!
It works right. Flip the switch and press Run, click-click-click-turn!
Not too happy about the click-click noises, but it is running.
Let it get up to about 100psi, pretty darn quick too. Sounds like a
muscle car idling with a bad muffler, but not revving the engine. Noisy,
but it probably sounds like an idling muscle car without a bad muffler
from outside. Power hammer should make just as much noise when I'm done,
and hearing protection will be used.
I'm a little concerned that the oil pressure is reading in the high
section almost immediately, and climbs somewhat over the course of the
test. That might be due to the oil that is in it. Which likely means I
can't really warm it up safely before changing it. Oh well. It was a bit
cold too when I started up. I did have the propane heater running while I
was working so it wasn't too cold when I started it. No leaks could be
heard when it was shut down. Whoo-hoo! Noticed that the drain valve has
a bent handle stem. I guess I need to replace that. I think I'll just
run some black iron pipe there and put the valve at waist level near the
door to make it easy to drain. Currently venting down as I write this up.
I'll grab the video tomorrow after work and try and post a link to it here
before too awfully late.
Thanks for everybody who helped me get this far.
- posted 14 years ago