Large Metal Drill Bits for Green Wood?

And get a utility locate Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Normally a stump grinder is called in, but just how tall are the stumps ? Is there a wood turner - etc - willing to help extract them ? The center of the stump isn't the place - you want to kill the tree or dissolve the wood ? The softer outer edge is the place to kill it.

But a wood person might dig and extract the trunk and roots - for the grain.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Doug White wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Might want a spoon bit - that scoops out wood using a brace and it as the bit. They might make them for 1/2" drills.

Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Grant Erw>

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Cut the 3' down to near the ground less mass and close to kill the roots. Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Pete Keillor wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Chomp into the stumps with your chain saw. Pour every nasty thing you can find into it. Let nature take over. Or hire some beavers.

Reply to
daniel peterman

The problen with small holes is that they are also short holes; deep er holes are better. Also there is volume; it takes four 1/2" holes to equal the volume of a 1" hole, and you need volume to pour the liquid in or you have to go out 10x as often to top it off.

Reply to
Nick Hull

Too late now, but for future reference I don't cut down trees on our property, I have 'em pushed over, root-ball and all. Local guy charges me $60.00 per hr to bring an excavator over and that makes

*quick* work out a crappy job.

Root-balls go on a property line making for a very effective fence. After a couple of years underbrush covers them up nicely. What's left goes to a young family (or three) who use the wood for winter heat. I only require that they take everything, branches and all. Works out well.

All that's left is shoveling some top soil into th' root-ball holes. In less than three hours we had five huge Alders down, cut, hauled off and th' holes backfilled... couldn't even tell they were ever there.

Snarl

Reply to
snarl