Lets roll!

I could be, but I research my positions rather than react to leg tingles from the mainstream media. Leftist loons can only respond to media knee jerks, as you've openly admitted here. Evidence: low (i.e. bargain basement) IQ.

Reply to
krw

If you just ignore them and nobody ever responds to them again, you can watch them melt down as they desperately try to get attention. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

That's why they switched from 'Cycles Per Second' to 'Hurtz'. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You should take 'dimmie' with you sometime. He think's he's an expert at everything else. I'll bet that he would be so nervous that he could tread a running sewing machine, and no one would ever see his 100+ sock puppets again. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I built one with a solid state vibrator, and the power transformer from a car radio. It really lit them up off a couple D cells! I took it to electronics class when I started highschool and hooked it to the lab supply to get the 12.6 volts. It blew a 15W lightbulb when I turned it on. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Nah, it would be even more painful for me than it would be for him.

Reply to
krw

I went the other way, packing the home-made coil and the flattened cell stack from a 9V battery into a small medicine tin which I left out on my desk. I forgot to consider the impact damage when it struck the wall.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Then you need to spend a LOT more time at the range . :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Who's going to determine who will be allowed to own a gun. "That guy disagrees with The President, he must be crazy and want to harm our ruler, don't let him get a gun!" Some P.L.L.C.F. committee or Gun Tzar appointed by the Commiecrat in office will determine your rights? O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Isn't there a little story describing a Liberal Democrat debating the morality of violence while a goblin slaughters his family? ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

That's what they make patching plaster for. :) I was working on something one day when my younger sister and one of her idiot friends barged into my room to annoy me. I threw a screwdriver at the wall next to them, and they took off screaming. It was stuck in the wall, so I filled the hole and repainted it before my dad got home from work. needless to say, she dragged my dad to my room with one of her sob stories about how I had tried to hurt her, and pointed at the wall where it had hit. Dad looked and asked, Were? I don't see any hole. She pointed and said, The hole was right there! He just shook his head & walked away. She left me alone for a while, after that. ;-)

I made an earlier one that had foil sides and a label on top, Do not touch! Inside was a small coil, a vibration switch made from a nail, and a D cell. The neighbor's idiot kids would line up to take turns to pick it up, scream, and drop it. It wasn't much bigger than the D cell. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I've had little holes blown in my skin from it. O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

We should write one. How about a catchy title like The Three Voters.

There were three voters, who built houses along the same street. The first two were tree hugging liberals, who had their houses built out of Tyvek, and vinyl siding, with no OSB. Because OSB is made from trees. A big wolf came long, and said "I'll huff, and I'll puff, and I'll blow your house down!"

The first two voters picked up the cell phones, crawled under the bed, and called 911. The 911 operator said if they had any guns in the house, they should unload them, and put them in the other room. The first two voters said they did not own any guns.

The wolf huffed, puffed, and blew the first two houses down. Then, using his powerful sense of scent, he came into the wreckage, and found the two voters. Promptly ate the two voters, and had a full belly.

After an hour or so, the wolf was no longer gorged. He was starting to get an appetite, back. So, he walked over to the third house. Loudly, he boasted about huffing and puffing. Being a good Obama wolf, he also threw in some verbiage about the one percent who profited unfairly during the Bush regime.

The wolf blew, and blew some more. The third voter is a conservative, who voted for Reagan, and then Bush. During the Reagan prosperity, he had a house built, using rough cut lumber, 3/4 OSB, and cedar shake shingles, and double pane windows. The wolf was unable to blow the house down.

The third voter knew no storms were predicted. He called for home defense plan Alpha. This was for his wife and kids to retreat to upstairs safe room, while he checked the house. Wife got the three very sleepy girls, and dragged them to the master bedroom closet, and put them back to sleep, on the bunks that were made for that purpose.

The third voter took a slow, careful walk in the dark. He was holding a Xenon tactical light in one hand, and a .45 ACP government style 1911 in the other hand.

There was a loud, and terrible pounding on the door. The door blew open, which is tough to do with heavy duty deadbolt locks. The third voter waited several seconds. When the wolf was about half way through the living room, the third voter slightly looked over the top of the sofa, where he was hidden. He made certain target identification with the Xenon light. And then double tapped the wolf with 210 grain JHP, travelling about 975 FPS. Figuring there might be more wolf, he turned off the light, and resumed the concealed position.

After a couple minutes, he used the pistol to bang on the window frame. Knowing his wife would hear the thumps, up stairs. He used a coded knock sequence, which told his wife and kids "Danger in the house, remain in cover". His wife turned out the closet light, and loaded the Remmington 870 shotgun, using 000 buck shot. The three girls went back to sleep.

About 45 minutes later, the police showed up to take a report. The third voter said nothing, except to insist on attorney, and was released the next day. No charges were filed.

.

Isn't there a little story describing a Liberal Democrat debating the morality of violence while a goblin slaughters his family? ^_^

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I bow to a fellow young mad scientist but I built mine when I was in middle school. In high school I was even more dangerous. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Hurtz's big brothers Kil-o-Hurtz & Meg-a-Hurtz are even worse! ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

My first job out of college was a job at an electrical supplier and I was always blamed for any prank even if I didn't perpetrate it. I once put a small lizard I found on the loading dock in the coffee can for the coffee money fund and whenever someone dropped coins in the can, the lizard ran around inside the can making quite a racket. I found a frog outside, put it in a small box labeled "DO NOT OPEN". The screams of the curious secretary let me know when it was opened. I never did get the hang of being a grownup. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Somewhere I have a pair of fully shielded Nokia 21" CRT .22 dot pitch monitors that weigh something like 80lbs each. The .22 dpi on a large monitor like that is like looking at a film projection. Very fine detail but the darn things can cause your desk to break through the floor. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I built that when I was 13, and working part time in a TV shop. I was a 'legendary nerd' in high school.

1: I took a spare scope tube to school on the school bus and the kids were screaming to the bus driver that I was carrying a bomb. 2: I set up the school's first video tape equipment in the '60s. I would turn the volume & brightness up and down from master control, just to see if they were actually watch the tape delayed lessons. 3: I had complete access to the areas of the school that required a master key, since I ran the sound equipment for assemblies, and tested the others before games & pep rallies. 4: I did things like carry a set of wall locker doors to the metal shop to weld some broken hinges. You should have seen the kids & teachers staring as I walked down those long hallway. ;-) 5: I found some errors in our Physics textbook, and when we got to electricity the teach told the other students to direct all their questions to me. 6: My physic project was a home brew ultrasonic alarm, but some parts had been on backorder for over six months, when they were due. I couldn't turn in a partial prject with the schematics & other drawings, and was told I would fail the course. The next day the teacher passed out the grades, and I had an A+, with a note that he decided that the professional grade TV degausing coil I'd made & sold him was my project. 7: We started a ham radio club, and needed money for equipment. I got the school newspaper to post a request for donations of old electroncs. Then I taught the other electronics students to do baisic radio & TV repair. We raised over $600 from selling the used equipment and built a nice station. We had a dozen leftover, working TVs that I donated to the school. Of course, my favorite teachers got a TV they could keeping their classroom before they school assigned the rest to classrooms. 8: The Dean of boys would pull me from whatever class I was in when there was a problem with any of the school's electronics.

These are just a few, off the top of my head. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Amateur! I installed some speakers & an amplifier to the business phone line so everyone in the shop could hear every conversation. You could hear the old mechanical phone exchange connect to the line, then look for a ring generator. You could answer the phone before it rang, every time. It really freaked out our customers! :)

At a Cable TV office in Ohio I would turn the lens upside backwards or both, every time one young woman came down the hall. She thought she was going insane.!

I have an allergy to cigarette smoke, and one idiot thought that it was funny to light up and blow the crap in my face. I asked the manager to remind them that the building was supposed to be smoke free, but he didn't care. One night I emptied an entire can of Lysol into the ductwork. The jerk light up the next morning and took a deep drag, and almost passed out. He ran to get the manager and was screaming like a little girl that I had tried to kill him. I smiled and told the manager that I had sprayed the ductwork to rid it of the nicotine odor, and that I would have to keep doing it, till it was gone, and reminded him of the million dollars worth of electronics across the hall wasn't supposed to be exposed to smoke. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

2048 * 1536 can show four typical web pages at once, or is nice doing design work where you can have multiple tools open at the same time. That computer des was a butcher block solid oak dining room tablke that has had over 400 pounds of equipment on it.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell