Lets roll!

I had some punk ask me if I had a gun to protect myself when i lived up north. I told him I wasn't afraid of his little gang. He asked, What would you do if you woke in the middle of the night to find someone in your bedroom? I smiled & told him that there were two steps that squeaked, and I was a very light sleeper. He wanted to know what that meant, so I smiled and told him there was a 200+ pound TV in my bedroom, and I wouldn't hesitate to shove it down the stairs. He still didn't get it, so I explained that when he and the TV console hit the landing, he'd end up laying there dead in my basement while I called the police to report that some loser tried to steal more TV than he could carry. He had the nerve to call me crazy! ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That's why the M-72 is the preffered weapon against dopes.

I was talking about you spending too much time at the keyboard, and staring at the electron gun over the decades. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

And not vote any more of them into office.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

LCD fixed that. All better now. ;-)

Reply to
krw

I am confident it will be successfully repaired and go to a worthy veteran.

I have more stuff to send, no time to pack it, sigh.

technomaNge

Reply to
technomaNge

As I said in another post, a friend had a 250 round magazine for his 10/22. It took a while to load, though.

Reply to
krw

I LOVE that crap. Sometimes I need a good laugh and it never fails to deliver. OTOH, I got bored and wrote a Sci-Fi trilogy about 25 years ago that had a lot of hidden puns. The 286 computer was brand new and bragging about 12 MHz processors on a 16 bit data bus. The computer in the story had a 4 GHz processor with a 1024 bit data bus, and used FTL technology to eliminate the bottleneck between the the processor and memory. No hard drives, it used 'Crystal Memory' A terabyte per cubic inch, and one engineer is complaining he only has 10 memory modules. They are each 20'*20'*100', and he's complaining. ;-)

Then there's the working transporter they developed, along with lots of other off the wall technology. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message news:jv1qd7$joo$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me...

Could you strengthen the door instead?

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

They still had Microsoft in the story, huh?

Reply to
krw

I choked up with laughter at the submarine's control room in The Fifth Missile which was a row of old Tektronix 5## tube scopes on carts.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

No problem. I'm trying to get caught up. I want to empty a 12'*12' building by my driveway and convert it into a real electronics shop. That will cost me at least $1,000 and I'll hjave to deal with zoning & code enforcement. Is now a criminal act to do lousy repairs. I even need a building permit to replace some rotten gateposts. The only thing that doesn't require a permit is to replace sidewalks, if you're disabled. In a way I was thrilled when construction slowed down. Code Enforcment had to lay off over 75% of the inspectors, and prices on building materials dropped back to where they belong. Several 'trade only' building smaretial suppliers are now open to the public in an attempt to keep their doors open. They just can't understand why people aren't flocking through their doors after decades of being told, 'We don't need your business'. Some people?

No matter, I'm going to do some of the work anyway. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Sure, after all that damage was done to your head by a steady stream of high speed electrons. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

From a movie set, no doubt. "OK boys, he's fired all six shells! get him before he can reload!!!" Then come the other 244! ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

No, just too many plugins, and the ability to convert & run software written for any processor or OS in the new systems native code. MS could never write code like that.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

How about 'Plan 9 from Outer Space'? Things sitting around in the 'space ship' that would go flying onto the deck if it ever moved. Or 'Voyage to the bottom of the sea' that couldn't do anything without a steam line rupturing. I bet the crew of the Nautilus laughed their asses off at the 'Seaview'.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

They respect crazy, they will run from crazy. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I've installed a number of metal door for customers in their businesses. I could have fun getting with my friend who owns a metal fabrication shop and build a 1/4" thick steel entry door and steel frame that could frustrate even a SWAT team battering ram. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

My neighbors couldn't understand why I was the only one in the area that they didn't steal from or vandalize my property. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I figure everyone has their own style. I like or 'plop, plop, fizz, fizz - oh what a relief it is'. That way they can be a turd or an Alka-seltzer, your choice. :o)

But I rarely put posters in the kill file.

Reply to
misanthrope

A couple of my steel doors weigh over 200 lbs each. I used them on the shop buildings. I just hope I never need the torch to cut my way in, since it's kept locked behind one of those doors.

That was one of my better deals. I bought them from a surplus building supply place for $20 each. They were left over from some job and had a piece of sheet metal spot welded to cover some extra slots. A few minutes with a chisel and a grinder and there was no sign they were ever there. They have a very high fire rating. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell