Lets roll!

I never did this, but ought have. One college professor at my "smoke free" campus would smoke, as he was teaching. He'd use a piece of paper for his ashtray, or perhaps an empty pop can. I never did put flash paper, or a dry pop can with a bunch of gunpowder, in the trash can.

.

I have an allergy to cigarette smoke, and one idiot thought that it was funny to light up and blow the crap in my face. I asked the manager to remind them that the building was supposed to be smoke free, but he didn't care. One night I emptied an entire can of Lysol into the ductwork. The jerk light up the next morning and took a deep drag, and almost passed out. He ran to get the manager and was screaming like a little girl that I had tried to kill him. I smiled and told the manager that I had sprayed the ductwork to rid it of the nicotine odor, and that I would have to keep doing it, till it was gone, and reminded him of the million dollars worth of electronics across the hall wasn't supposed to be exposed to smoke. ;-)

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

They sure are nice, though. I complained of eyestrain from staring at the CAD screen 12+ hours a day and finally was given long-persistance hi res CRTs like that, for $2000 each in the early 90's. Thanks, MILSTAR.

The spare laptop I bought 'for parts' at a flea market has a pixel pitch of 0.204mm, or 1400x1050 on a 14.1" diagonal. The standard is

0.28mm. HDTV is gorgeous on it, within a small viewing angle.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Gotta get there first.

Reply to
krw

You forgot the part where Holder got involved. :-(

Reply to
krw

If you want to own a gun, obviously you're not to be trusted owning one.

Reply to
krw

Now LCDs, that'll put those things to shame, are dirt cheap. As Micheal alluded to in another thread, I do sit in front of a screen, often 12+ hours a day (and have for over thirty years). I don't miss CRT displays AT ALL.

This 15" laptop is 1680x1050 (right now using an external 24" 1920x1200 monitor). In '98 I had a 1920x1200 laptop. I much prefer the 16:10s over

16:9s but they're becoming hard to find.
Reply to
krw

Fame is all in other peoples' heads.

-Jewel-

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

He actually brags about not owning any sort of firearm. Of course, every month or two he posts asking for advice on what to buy. Been doing it for years now. SOGOTP.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

I'm considering investing in high-capacity magazines. Sort of a hedge against further stupidity in Washington.

Reply to
krw

I'm deathly allergic to tobacco smoke and have been known to brain a smoking creep with a fire extinguisher after emptying in his face. Freon and Halon are also very rough on smokers if you can get enough of a concentration into the air. CO2 is also fun to release in large quantities in a small space around smokers. I've had evil thoughts of flammable gasses even high concentrations of O2 but the civilized man in me put a stop to that. I've installed Halon fire suppression systems and if I remember correctly it took less than an 8% concentration of

1301 to put out a fire. I've never seen a smoker try to light up in that atmosphere but it would be fun albeit expensive to tryout on one of those idiots. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I had a very similar experience in school doing the same sorts of things for the school. The principals were always interested in saving money and I fixed things because it was fun for me. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

My hero!

.

I'm deathly allergic to tobacco smoke and have been known to brain a smoking creep with a fire extinguisher after emptying in his face. Freon and Halon are also very rough on smokers if you can get enough of a concentration into the air. CO2 is also fun to release in large quantities in a small space around smokers. I've had evil thoughts of flammable gasses even high concentrations of O2 but the civilized man in me put a stop to that. I've installed Halon fire suppression systems and if I remember correctly it took less than an 8% concentration of

1301 to put out a fire. I've never seen a smoker try to light up in that atmosphere but it would be fun albeit expensive to tryout on one of those idiots. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Understood. That's why it may be a nice financial move.

Of course. Chuck-E-Dumbshit.

Reply to
krw

There is a reason I don't live in Californicate.

Sure, he's just a ringleader of the stupid.

Reply to
krw

I'd even buy one form "As Seen on TV". ;-)

Reply to
krw

A pop can with a dozen drops of gasoline might have got his attention. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

He'd have smelled it, before the action. Gunpowder is odorless.

Christ>

A pop can with a dozen drops of gasoline might have got his attention. :)

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Or in a nice mix of pure Oxygen & Acetylene.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That, along with how long it took to get someone there to do the work. At that time they had to request service, then the school board would wait till they had several schools with problems before they called the contractor to to the work. That changed after I was out of the service. I had that schools system & two others under contract on a time & materials contract. The principals had the authority to call me for service. it wasn't unusual for me to get a call at 6:30 in the morning, then rush over to the school to have the item repaired before classes started.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Wait till he had a bad cold...

Reply to