Looking for a manual for a elta bandsaw

I just pick up a 14" delta band saw, it has the dual speed gear box for both metal/wood. I am having trouble getting fof one speed to another, the gear box seems stuck but I have no idea how to change it. I am sure it is simple but turning the knurled wheel does't seem to do anything. Its just free wheeling now its in no gear. I once looked at a web sight with delta PDF manuals but have not found the sithe instead I have found the normal 50,000 people selling them at way to much money on ebay.

Reply to
Waynemak

Why don't you try the Delta web site:

Alex

Reply to
AHS

Take a look at:

where they have available a huge collection of old woodworking machine manuals and brochures.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Henry

If your email can handle a 4 meg file, I scanned my original 8 page manual and 4 pages of the exploded diagrams and parts list of a newer model. I won't send it unless you say go.

I suspect you may have the newer model. The knurled wheel should slide in and out of the hub holding the main 8" drive pulley. It should cause a toothed coupler to engage the big pulley when pulled out (high speed) and engage the gear reduction inside the gear case when pushed in (low speed).

Former owner of such a beast

Jim Vrzal Holiday,Fl.

Reply to
Mawdeeb