Looking for Wiha style driver for 1/16 square head screw

Got my multi axis positioning stage today, and it's cute as a button. I knew it was small, but is even smaller than I thought. A screws have a
1/16 square head. Anyone know where I might find square socket drivers this small, something like Wiha miniature drivers? If Wiha makes any, I can't find them on their site, nor has my Google efforts come up with anything yet.
Jon

12-points would be suitable, and might be easier to find.
If this thing is made of Chinalloy, though, I'd go with the square ones.
LLoyd

4, 8, or 12 points, but even though the torque needed for any of them will be minuscule, at 1/16, not sure how much there'll be to drive the squares. They are a few thou under running from about .057 to .059. But it's not Chinalloy, this is a very high quality unit. I really scored on this one! I suppose I could try grinding a square broach and making some... Oh, for that matter, I wonder if the hobby shop has any square brass with a 1/16 ID... I'm headed that way tomorrow, I'll have to stop by and see.
Jon
Jon Anderson wrote:

Try the local hardware store . #1 o r#2 square drive bits are a stock item , often used in cabinet making for "finish screws" to attach face frames and trim pieces .
--
Snag
Learning keeps

Kinda hard to drive a square-headed bolt with a square headed bolt, bud.
LLoyd
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:

Oops , I thought he meant they were square holes . Not the first mistake I ever made , and surely won't be the last !!
--
Snag
Learning keeps
On 8/18/2011 3:39 PM, Snag wrote:

Thanks, but what I need is a 1/16 internal square, a 1/16 socket. The tiny screws on this unit have square heads. Hmm, did you mean though, to buy the screws and make the sockets out of them? That might work if the squares are small enough. I'll check that out too. Picture's worth a thousand words, this is what I got, you can see the square heads on the screws: <http://www.ebay.com/itm/190565135140?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Jon
On 8/18/2011 8:54 PM, Jon Anderson wrote:

<http://www.ebay.com/itm/190565135140?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Check with a clock repair shop. Most windup clocks use a square shaft, they may have what you are looking for.
--
<:3 )~

I might have several keys in the shop in my two key drawers.
Is it exactly 1/16 or did you measure it ?
Martin
On 8/18/2011 7:53 PM, Mouse wrote:

On 8/18/2011 6:22 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:

Measured several, around .056-.058
Jon
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net says...

This might do it:
<(Amazon.com product link shortened)- Winding/dp/B000RB5BYM>.
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net says...

Previous post had the wrong one, try <http://www.findingking.com/p - 11024-5-prong-pocket-watch-key-sz-3-5-7-9-11.aspx>. That has a #5 on it, which should be 1.5mm, or .059. The next size smaller is .055, and that would be on this one <http://www.findingking.com/p-11021-5-sided - watch-key.aspx>. There's also a set <http://www.findingking.com/p - 23603-chime-pocket-watch-5-prong-clock-key-sz-00-12-18pcs.aspx>.

    Then more likely 1.5 mm (which calculates out to 0.059"), not 1/16".
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
On 8/19/2011 5:50 PM, DoN. Nichols wrote:

Well, 1/16 ID square brass tube is working perfect. Any tighter and I'd have trouble getting it on the square, what with my eyesight these days.
Took a broken miniature screwdriver with a 1/16 shaft and epoxied a short length of the square tube over the shaft. Works perfect! I'll post a pic of it and the stage once I get it all cleaned up.
Jon

    Since it is Phillips, it is likely to be metric. Try 1.5mm square, instead of the 1.58mm which I get converting 1/16".
    Perhaps mill a 1.5mm slot 1.5mm deep in some steel, then silver-solder a flat piece of the same steel to it to form the socket. Make it deep enough and you can turn the end concentric with the hole, then silver-solder it onto a handle to make your driver.
    Good Luck,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
little bitty tap wrench? model makers tools? wws
On Thursday, August 18, 2011 7:07:24 PM UTC-5, Jon Anderson wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net says...

Something to try: Check the local hobby shops and look for square brass tubing. Normally the smallest size is 1/16 and that telescopes into the 3/32.
Not super strong but if it's a good fit it might do for what you need. And if it doesn't work you haven't spent much.
On 8/18/2011 8:19 PM, J. Clarke wrote:

This is the ticket, buck and change, and I have enough material to make several lifetime's worth of socket drivers!
Thanks,
Jon

fargo-ent.com .Vacaville California.
Bob AZ