Lorch LAS

I have just aquired a Lorch LAS lathe, in need of slight attention & am searching for any information/spares/attachments. Immediate need is for headstock bearing adjustment technique- there are opposing taper bronze main bearings + a ball race thrust brg. The tapers adjust conventionally, but how to correctly set up the pressure on the thrust brg without lifting the chuck side taper or forcing against the other taper ? The thrust brg has a screwed split collar arrangement to set the force. Also need a changewheel/screwcutting chart or I need to do some painful sums! cheers, Mark.

Reply to
Markgengine