Machine Gun Parts kits

It would, if I didn't bail and sponge it out. But no, I don't leave water standing in the tub.

Supposedly the two-part polyurethane is much more abrasion-resistant than epoxy. That would agree with current treatment of high-performance boats. I see that's what the quality refinishers are using, and someone -- maybe Sherwin-Wiliams? PPG? makes a kit just for that purpose. You apply it with a fine sponge roller. The spray is highly toxic.

I'll first sand it down a bit with a vibrating sander, I think, but I'll be checking into the recommended prep methods first. I realize it could be troublesome.

I appreciate the tips, Joe. I hate to screw these things up; there isn't time to do it twice.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Does the faucet drip? That too will cut a groove in the enamel.

OK. Sounds like Imron.

I would *not* use a power sander, for fear of accidentally cutting through to the iron.

I'd use wet-dry sandpaper on a rubber block, wet. And a bright light not in your eyes, so you can see what's going on.

Yeah. I'd look up the paint manufacturer's instructions on cleaning. Do they offer this paint as suitable for bathtubs? If so, they will have detailed instructions.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

Huntress

Yes, it's made for bathtubs. I'll be very careful and make sure I have instructions for doing it. I'm kind of attached to our old tub, and I don't want to go three or four days without a shower because I screwed it up. I'd feel like I was back in France, but without a bidet. d8-)

(Actually, I'd just walk down to the YMCA and shower there. I've planned for emergencies.)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Good luck. Tell us how it comes out. Even if it isn't metalworking.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

He would be an engineer instead of an editor, if he could think.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Up yours, you narrow-minded, self-aggrandizing, petty, snotty and bitter old man.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

It would be a far more persuasive argument if the half the people in the US that despises "assault rifles" could define what an assault rifle was. These doofuses still think there are full-automatic weapons and machine guns being legally sold, which has been illegal since 1934 without special permits and licenses, although the 200$ transfer tax was contested.

F. George McDuffee

"RogerN" on Sat, 16 Mar 2013 23:13:02 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Washington State - no just any ol' "Some" B-)

RCW 9.41.220 Unlawful firearms and parts contraband.

All machine guns, short-barreled shotguns, or short-barreled rifles, or any part designed and intended solely and exclusively for use in a machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, or in converting a weapon into a machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, illegally held or illegally possessed are hereby declared to be contraband, and it shall be the duty of all peace officers, and/or any officer or member of the armed forces of the United States or the state of Washington, to seize said machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, or parts thereof, wherever and whenever found.

What is legal in one state, may not be illegal in another. I can buy a Semi-auto version of an M16 in Washington or Oregon. I can buy a full auto version of a an M16 in Oregon. I can do neither in California.

Reading it a bit expansively - "any part designed and intended solely and exclusively for use in" a machine gun. Thus, at least in Washington having a penis does not make you a rapists. Having the part which makes an Ar15 "Semi" version into an M-16 "Full auto" - those who know both machines will know which is it which - is what will get you busted.. I can make parts which are interchangeable till my arms fall off. But make one that is mean only for the full-auto version only - jail time.

Oh, and this law was passed to prevent the Wobblies from taking over Washington.

pyotr filipivich