AR-15 & M16 Bolt Carrier groups

It seems the bolt carrier group is the hard to get part for AR-15's currently. I have found old Colt M16 A1 parts kits, "good to excellent"
minus lower receiver and barrel (plus missing auto-sear or disconnector). Would the M16 bolt carrier group be good in an AR-15?
I found some bolt carrier groups in stock for $300 but the M16 parts kits are available in the $500 - $600 range, seems to be a better value maybe. I read a review of one of these parts kits being assembled, they said it was a good shooter.
RogerN

Jesus. For a poodle shooter? I paid less than that for a classic Black Beauty Double in 12 gauge, and the forcing cone was even relieved for star crimps.
What are you going to do with it if you ever finish it?
--
Ed Huntress

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message wrote:

I'd probably just use it for target shooting and occasional varmints. The cartridges are kind of cute, like miniatures of my hunting rifle Winchester Magnum cartridges. We gave a lot of Coyotes around here, I can hear them when a train is in the area. If it was legal to deer hunt with rifles here I'd get a 308 version.
I think I'll complete at least the "95%" receiver, I just have to drill 3 holes and mill out a pocket for the trigger group. If I ever get a shop building here and get my machines moved there's a better chance of me getting the 0% lowers done. The rifles are looking pretty cheap compared to some of the optics, I'd like to have one with good daytime optics, one with night vision, and one with FLIR if they become more affordable than the one I saw for $7500.
RogerN

Wow. I hope you feel you're getting your money's worth.
--
Ed Huntress

On Sun, 03 Mar 2013 08:37:37 -0500, Ed Huntress

Someone on another site mentioned that "if it is black and you call it a "tactical" whatchamacallit you can charge double the price" :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

LOL!
--
Ed Huntress

Ayup. Ive got a Tactical 12ga double barreled shotgun. Only $3500!!
Laugh!
Gunner
Gunner wrote:

Paint it pink, and a brain damaged lefty will give you $7000 for it.
On Mon, 04 Mar 2013 13:21:24 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

And put a dolly on the buttstock! Brilliant!!!
http://reisman.lohudblogs.com/files/2012/12/KittyRifle.jpg
Thats a California Legal AR btw.
Gunner
On Sun, 03 Mar 2013 00:06:00 -0500, Ed Huntress

Im sure he is going to simply "collect it". Collectors are harmless people. Not like "shooters" who are very dangerous people, according to your friends in the DNC
Gunner, doing stock work on his 338 build

He builds it, and then collects it?? "RogernN, maker of collectible poodle-shooters."

On Sun, 03 Mar 2013 09:18:56 -0500, Ed Huntress

Some people collect Beanie Babies, others collect Hummel porcelein, others collect rubber bands. A "poodle shooter" has been fine for the US military (and many other nations) for 50 yrs so far. So whats your problem?
Your president has made many large Gifts of them to other nations and many cartels. You mean he is a cheap bastard for handing them out like candy?
Gunner

Made by Roger? That's collectible??

They're for killing people. That's who gets them -- people who are going to kill, or threaten to kill, other people. That's what they're for, that's what they're all about, and that's why they're out there.
How about ol' Rog? Besides, he's clearly said that he hopes to use it for shooting people in the "Second Civil War." That isn't collecting, unless he's planning to mount their heads for display on his wall.
--
Ed Huntress

On 3/3/2013 6:32 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

Simple solution: In order to own guns you must be licensed, like a CCW. Then you can own no guns or a bunch...the gov will never know.

It would do about half the job. Then you have to figure out what to do about straw purchases.
What would you do?
--
Ed Huntress

On Sun, 03 Mar 2013 18:59:45 -0500, Ed Huntress

Arrest those who commit crimes. Its all you can do, without gutting the Constitution and if thats done...the nation will explode. It well may do just that anyways, now that the heat has been turned up.
Thank the Media for that. But..they will generally be found hanging by the neck afterwards.
Gunner

How are you going to know they committed a crime, if the straw purchaser just says, "Gee, that gun was stolen from me last year," or "Oh, I sold that gun in a private sale. The guy said he was legal to purchase." That is, if you can even FIND the straw purchaser, since there is no registration.
That's how they're getting away with it. States' attorneys won't even bring a case, because they know they don't have a chance of proving anything.

There's nothing in the Constitution about limiting background checks, registering guns and requiring notification of a lost or stolen gun. That all falls well within the Necessary and Proper clause.

Your fuses are all wet.

See, it's that kind of talk that has convinced a majority of Americans that gun nutz have to be controlled, because they've lost their marbles and can't be trusted.
--
Ed Huntress

On Mon, 04 Mar 2013 07:10:47 -0500, Ed Huntress

Bingo!

Bingo!

Your opinion is noted. As was the widespread registration of guns owned by Jews in 1935. And what happened to both.

Hide and watch.
<VBG>
You really dont think its going to come to a head and pop like an inflamed boil do you?
Pity.
Gunner

"shall not be infringed"
Interesting isnt it?