AR-15 & M16 Bolt Carrier groups

Yeah, well, we're going to have 100% background checks before long. The polls on this range from 80% in favor to 92% in favor. Among gun owners, it runs from something like 70% to 85%.
That still leaves straw purchases untouched, from all sources.
Reply to
Ed Huntress
They are blue, because they never get enough oxygen to their tiny brains. If their brains were normal sized, it would kill them rather than make them babble like angry fools.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell
... which I bet will prevent many posters here from qualifying.
Straw buyers will be able to charge more and more for their services... until they get caught. Then they can expect the same public sentiment as child molesters. The hammer is coming down on the whole racket. Eventually a lot of bozos will be lucky to afford a zip gun.
Reply to
whoyakidding's ghost
Someone on another site mentioned that "if it is black and you call it a "tactical" whatchamacallit you can charge double the price" :-)
Reply to
John B.
No the Army determined that aimed fire, for all the talk about it, was very seldom used in battle and that the number of causalities was in direct proportion to the number of shots fired and that the longer range capabilities of the 30-06 or 308 were almost never used in actual combat which usually takes place at much shorter distances and finally that a soldier can carry a lot more light ammunition than he can heavy.
You can research this yourself as the information is in the public domain.
Reply to
John B.
I -believe- (hope?) he meant that he was going to give those damned anti-American gun grabbers his ammo one round at a time, starting with the heavy ends.
And, yes, winning means letting the other guy die instead of yourself.
Vive le Résistance!
Reply to
Larry Jaques
Sure it is. Its work at least $1000. That...is collectable.
Odd..then why are there far far more hammer deaths then AR15 deaths each year? Are you claiming that Hammers are made for killing people? Or just tryin to avoid that because it makes you look like an utter idiot?
When the Great Cull happens..and it will.....one will need something to defend oneself from those rampaging herds of stampeding Leftwingers. One could use an AR to shoot enough of them to get a good pile going so you can hide behind it and not be trampled by them.
Seems like a couple magazines fired into the foremost line of the herd could get a pretty good breakwater up, dont you think?
Gunner
1. Lie 2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible 3. Have as many people repeat the lie as often as possible 4. Eventually, the uninformed believe the lie 5. The lie will then be made into some form oflaw 6. Then everyone must conform to the lie
Reply to
Gunner
What part is the "sick gun culture" in your "opinion"?
Having the ability guaranteed by the Founds and the 2nd Amendment?
(I suspect we are going to be hearing a rational all kind and sweet about dove hunting and bird shot)
Gunner
1. Lie 2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible 3. Have as many people repeat the lie as often as possible 4. Eventually, the uninformed believe the lie 5. The lie will then be made into some form oflaw 6. Then everyone must conform to the lie
Reply to
Gunner
"shall not be infringed"
Interesting isnt it?
Gunner
1. Lie 2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible 3. Have as many people repeat the lie as often as possible 4. Eventually, the uninformed believe the lie 5. The lie will then be made into some form oflaw 6. Then everyone must conform to the lie
Reply to
Gunner
Arrest those who commit crimes. Its all you can do, without gutting the Constitution and if thats done...the nation will explode. It well may do just that anyways, now that the heat has been turned up.
Thank the Media for that. But..they will generally be found hanging by the neck afterwards.
Gunner
1. Lie 2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible 3. Have as many people repeat the lie as often as possible 4. Eventually, the uninformed believe the lie 5. The lie will then be made into some form oflaw 6. Then everyone must conform to the lie
Reply to
Gunner
How are you going to know they committed a crime, if the straw purchaser just says, "Gee, that gun was stolen from me last year," or "Oh, I sold that gun in a private sale. The guy said he was legal to purchase." That is, if you can even FIND the straw purchaser, since there is no registration.
That's how they're getting away with it. States' attorneys won't even bring a case, because they know they don't have a chance of proving anything.
There's nothing in the Constitution about limiting background checks, registering guns and requiring notification of a lost or stolen gun. That all falls well within the Necessary and Proper clause.
Your fuses are all wet.
See, it's that kind of talk that has convinced a majority of Americans that gun nutz have to be controlled, because they've lost their marbles and can't be trusted.
Reply to
Ed Huntress
That's all interesting, George, but while you're fishing around in the dustbins of pharmacology, don't forget that there are two things going on today that play into the desires of people suffering from some kinds of mental illnesses and distress: First, if you really need attention (and many of them do), we have cable news and the Internet, by which your glorious revenge will be played around the world in a couple of hours; second, we have tools available today that can really make a big splash.
A hundred years ago, your military Trapdoor Springfield wasn't going to do the job that you can do today with a Bushmaster M4 look-alike. And the news wasn't likely to get past your county line.
It's a qualitatively different situation, and it doesn't require pharmacology to explain it.
Reply to
Ed Huntress
Ayup. Ive got a Tactical 12ga double barreled shotgun. Only $3500!!
Laugh!
Gunner
1. Lie 2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible 3. Have as many people repeat the lie as often as possible 4. Eventually, the uninformed believe the lie 5. The lie will then be made into some form oflaw 6. Then everyone must conform to the lie
Reply to
Gunner
True enough in most of the last wars. However..the Military is always fighting the last war..never the current one.
There is a reason that they have been bringing back the M14 into combat in the middle east. Except for MOUT operations (in villages and cities where the M4 is a handy weapon)..the longer reach of the M14 is very handy.
One simply has to note the number of long range sniper kills out a very very long way to understand that the terraine makes a big big difference.
In Vietnam..a long shot in most..most cases was 200 yrds.
Gunner
1. Lie 2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible 3. Have as many people repeat the lie as often as possible 4. Eventually, the uninformed believe the lie 5. The lie will then be made into some form oflaw 6. Then everyone must conform to the lie
Reply to
Gunner
A very good listing. However since the primary cause of death for most of the recent mass murderes has been self inflicted gunshot to the head...the above may be a problem.
I congratulate you on some good thinking in your letter.
Treat it like a disease and find out the root causes. Personally..I suspect we will find its been the pyschotropic meds that have been handed out lately by the car load.
Gunner
1. Lie 2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible 3. Have as many people repeat the lie as often as possible 4. Eventually, the uninformed believe the lie 5. The lie will then be made into some form oflaw 6. Then everyone must conform to the lie
Reply to
Gunner
You can do a Gunner and use a .25 ACP for poking holes in your leather belt, too. That doesn't mean it's made for that job.
Phwew. It must be dark and scary in there, Gunner, in that vacant lot between your ears. d8-)
I think, but not like that.
Reply to
Ed Huntress

Site Timeline