AR-15 & M16 Bolt Carrier groups

As I said upthread , I neither own nor desire to own an AR-platform weapon . I also agree with <you?> whoever it was that said <basically> that this particular firearm has been demonized by the MSM . EEEEEEEeeeeeviiiiillllllllll assault weapon ! Good only for killin' innercent chirrens and mall shoppers . I'll just have to make do with Dad's 7.7 Arisaka and my 20 ga bolt shotgun . Oh , and that bow and arrow set I made from an Osage Orange tree and plum saplings .

Reply to
Snag

Because they're "assault rifle" barrels. Could be imported until BATF changed it's collective mind a few years back. Can be imported if they're torched in two, though. If you see parts kits for sale with barrels, they're either new US mfg. barrels or the kits came in prior to the ruling.

Stan

Reply to
Stanley Schaefer

Simple solution: In order to own guns you must be licensed, like a CCW. Then you can own no guns or a bunch...the gov will never know.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

It would do about half the job. Then you have to figure out what to do about straw purchases.

What would you do?

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Gun show loophole

PrecisionmachinisT

Yeah, well, we're going to have 100% background checks before long. The polls on this range from 80% in favor to 92% in favor. Among gun owners, it runs from something like 70% to 85%.

That still leaves straw purchases untouched, from all sources.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Don't feed the whoremongering troll.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

If they focused on mental health, most of their family friends would be committed to overflowing asylums.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

They are blue, because they never get enough oxygen to their tiny brains. If their brains were normal sized, it would kill them rather than make them babble like angry fools.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

... which I bet will prevent many posters here from qualifying.

Straw buyers will be able to charge more and more for their services... until they get caught. Then they can expect the same public sentiment as child molesters. The hammer is coming down on the whole racket. Eventually a lot of bozos will be lucky to afford a zip gun.

Reply to
whoyakidding's ghost

Someone on another site mentioned that "if it is black and you call it a "tactical" whatchamacallit you can charge double the price" :-)

Reply to
John B.

No the Army determined that aimed fire, for all the talk about it, was very seldom used in battle and that the number of causalities was in direct proportion to the number of shots fired and that the longer range capabilities of the 30-06 or 308 were almost never used in actual combat which usually takes place at much shorter distances and finally that a soldier can carry a lot more light ammunition than he can heavy.

You can research this yourself as the information is in the public domain.

Reply to
John B.

I have several...they've got laser targeting, 5000 round magazines, they're turret mounted, and servo controlled via linux emc...

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

I -believe- (hope?) he meant that he was going to give those damned anti-American gun grabbers his ammo one round at a time, starting with the heavy ends.

And, yes, winning means letting the other guy die instead of yourself.

Vive le Résistance!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Ed is a poodle. 'Nuff said?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Sure it is. Its work at least $1000. That...is collectable.

Odd..then why are there far far more hammer deaths then AR15 deaths each year? Are you claiming that Hammers are made for killing people? Or just tryin to avoid that because it makes you look like an utter idiot?

When the Great Cull happens..and it will.....one will need something to defend oneself from those rampaging herds of stampeding Leftwingers. One could use an AR to shoot enough of them to get a good pile going so you can hide behind it and not be trampled by them.

Seems like a couple magazines fired into the foremost line of the herd could get a pretty good breakwater up, dont you think?

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

What part is the "sick gun culture" in your "opinion"?

Having the ability guaranteed by the Founds and the 2nd Amendment?

(I suspect we are going to be hearing a rational all kind and sweet about dove hunting and bird shot)

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

"shall not be infringed"

Interesting isnt it?

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Arrest those who commit crimes. Its all you can do, without gutting the Constitution and if thats done...the nation will explode. It well may do just that anyways, now that the heat has been turned up.

Thank the Media for that. But..they will generally be found hanging by the neck afterwards.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

How are you going to know they committed a crime, if the straw purchaser just says, "Gee, that gun was stolen from me last year," or "Oh, I sold that gun in a private sale. The guy said he was legal to purchase." That is, if you can even FIND the straw purchaser, since there is no registration.

That's how they're getting away with it. States' attorneys won't even bring a case, because they know they don't have a chance of proving anything.

There's nothing in the Constitution about limiting background checks, registering guns and requiring notification of a lost or stolen gun. That all falls well within the Necessary and Proper clause.

Your fuses are all wet.

See, it's that kind of talk that has convinced a majority of Americans that gun nutz have to be controlled, because they've lost their marbles and can't be trusted.

Reply to
Ed Huntress