AR-15 & M16 Bolt Carrier groups

So you're not afraid because you have a gun. Otherwise, you'd be afrain, right?

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Oh yeah, Chicago, where there's a gun store on every corner and a shooting range in every YMCA.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

When did you start agreeing with the judgment of the media?

Maybe because it's not open and shut? Or maybe because the Newtown police are sick and tired of being harrassed by the gun lobbyists on both sides and by the media, for scurrilous details?

I can picture being a top cop in Newtown, somewhere in the midst of preparing a report, giving out what they know, and then changing some detail before the investigation is complete because better information came along. And then the headline on Fox News:

"Police Deny Political Pressure Made Them Change Sandy Hook Story"

Who needs it? They'll release their report when they're ready.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I doubt if anyone in the White House knew any more about it than we did at that point, because that was reported when the whole story was breaking news.

Let me give you a more likely answer: The gun-ignorant reporter who reported that couldn't tell a Purdey double shotgun from a BAR.

And the equally ignorant reporters around him didn't have a clue, either. So they all jumped on the same baloney.

It was cleared up within hours.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Like I said too, it could have been an honest mistake. Now what excuse are you going to make up for Obama's "Fast and Furious" gun running, ordering gun dealers to sell "assault weapons" to Mexican drug cartel and when caught, stopping the investigation, the cover up, and the lies by abusing executive privilege? Why didn't Nixon use executive privilege to stop his impeachment over "Watergate" ?

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

I ordered a Colt M16A1 parts kit mostly because of the unavailability/high price of bolt carriers.

I found prints on M16 receivers:

Would it be illegal to machine the receiver to M16 specs even though I'm using an AR-15 lower parts kit in it? And, per the BATF, I won't even have the parts to assemble a full auto, I might have the ability to make the final piece(s) in short order though.

Someone was telling me that you can make an adapter to put an oil filter on the muzzle and it was supposed to make a pretty good silencer, anyone here ever heard of such?

With the little bit of looking I have done, I think a person could bend some music wire or a coat hanger around the selector so that when the bolt goes full forward, it pushes the wire that pushes down the disconnector. If that's the case, going from semi-auto to full auto would take a few minutes to install the wire and tweak it in. And then I stumbled on something called a "Lightning link" or something like that. It would be fun to visit a free country and play with it, I figure that after I shot $100 or so worth of ammo I'd be satisfied to dispose of the full auto parts and leave the free country returning back to the USSA.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

This is amazing. We all know that typical reporters don't have a clue about guns; we hear it all the time on this NG, and it's correct. Their mistakes are sometimes hillarious.

But suddenly you suggest that they DID know, and that it's all some kind of a conspiracy. The coronor said it was rifle bullets; the Newtown police said it was a semi-automatic rifle. Did you believe that it's possible that they're all in on some kind of conspiracy, to aid the President's supposed attempt to ban ARs?

BTW, it was a CBS station that reported it wrong. I was watching NBC, and they got it right. CBS corrected themselves later the same day.

All I know about that operation is what I read in Wikipedia:

If you read the whole thing, it doesn't say anything about Obama knowing about it.

I'm sure you know more about it because you're so well informed.

It sounds like Obama was trying to prevent Holder from being indicted by a Republican House of Representatives.

He did. It failed.

Jesus, Roger, how can you make all of these assertions? Don't you ever check your facts?

Reply to
Ed Huntress

In Democrat Chicago..every street corner is a shooting range.

What..you dont pay attention to the body count each week in Chicago?

Why not? Its the heartland of the Left.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Even a stopped clock is right, 2x a day.

Which details would those be?

Im sure you can picture all sorts of strange and wierd things.

Sure they will. Lets hope the puplic gets to see the details from the logs etc.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

In many places I have to go, yes indeed.

  1. Lie
Gunner

It's on Youtube.

Which "free country" (that allows the private ownership of machine guns) are you referring to?

Reply to
J.B.Slocomb

Well, in light of the point of this thread, maybe we should start training ghetto kids to shoot on street corners, eh?

As I recall, you trained some gang bangers how to shoot handguns, out in the desert, remember?

More guns, more dead bodies. Or is it "fewer guns, less noise?" I forget.

What was that line from Mary Rosh again?

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Like how many holes were in the heads of each tot, versus how many holes were in their torsos?

Reply to
Ed Huntress

That's what the research is beginning to show.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

So they can withhold the graphic photos. Lots of other stuff the Media wants to see.

That's typical of most crime evidence, they don't hand out photos of the victims in most cases. However...all the evidence is released.

So why is it all locked and sealed? A very interesting question.

  1. Lie
Gunner

Thats why the cops run 2 man cars in those areas as well.

Shrug

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

More "stuff" floats to the surface...

Its a fine line between suicidal and homicidal...

==>And this is just the vets.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

"F. George McDuffee" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

This dystopian sci-fi film postulates the ultimate side effects of a common drug:

It's based on the TV series "Firefly" and partly assumes the audience already knows the complex relationships among the characters who pop in without much explanation.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Fun movie and really great, campy series.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Reply to
Gunner