AR-15 Test Fire

I test fired the AR-15 today, 29 rounds with no problems (except for dropping 1 round, metal detector to come out later, have to locate some
brass too!). I shot up a can from fairly close range, need to set up target at a distance and get the iron sights set. Nineteen shots were factory ammo and 10 were reloads.
RogerN
RogerN wrote:

Very satisfying to test fire the rifle you personally built isn't it?
"Pete C." wrote in message

Yes, it's also nice that you can finish machining them in less than the 24 hour waiting period it takes to buy one.
RogerN
On 4/13/2013 12:32 PM, RogerN wrote:

Now build an AR-30!

You should be warned, building your own rifles is addicting. Its the reason i don't have time to make a pulley for my airblast sprayer.
Karl
On 4/14/2013 7:54 AM, Karl Townsend wrote:

I know it's not the case for you but, I've noticed I just don't get as much done in a day as I used to.....what's up with that???

The days are shorter. Thats the only answer.
On 4/15/2013 7:54 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

And why is everybody using smaller print?
You've been polishing your eye glasses too often. Wearing them flat, instead of curved for correction. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .

And why is everybody using smaller print?

it takes me two days to do what i used to do in one.

My problem, they keep making the eyes in the fishooks smaller.
On 4/16/2013 6:40 PM, Karl Townsend wrote:

There are eyes in 'em? I just tie around the shank. Today was the worst! A control box with 8 relays on a machine I didn't wire...it looks like spaghetti----very small spaghetti, all the same color, BLUE! I HATE blue! AND, the lighting is terrible there, I had to wear a headlamp while leaning over at a bad angle to troubleshoot. Now my back hurts and I'm half blind and still can't find the problem.
Tom Gardner wrote:

I've got some eyeless 28s on the bench.... Guy wants some micro flies. I told him it was easier to net your bait instead of fly fish for it...
You know it's going to be fun when you need a compound lens to see the shank!!!
On the wiring. Sounds like some of the fire equipment we have. Worst part is that you end up chasing every wire because they run it through body channels where you cannot access it....
--
Steve W.

Karl Townsend wrote:

You noticed that too. Have you also discovered that the eye tends to move around a lot now? Seems like the hooks are made from weak wire ... or something....
You been out much? I went out for NY opening day of trout/salmon. Got skunked but with 3 inches of snow and COLD water I figured the fish were still sleepin'
--
Steve W.

Tom Gardner wrote:

Old age? :(

Yep. Some say "slowing down"...
Richard wrote:

Good thing I started with four gears...
On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 19:58:51 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

Hereafter Disease. Walk into a room, look around, and then ask yourself "Hmm, what am I here after?"
--
A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description
of a happy state in this world.
On 4/15/2013 11:21 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

I always walk to the machine shop or the office, about 200' before the disease manifests itself.
On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 20:21:45 -0700, Larry Jaques

Ive got that!!!
Gunner
Larry Jaques wrote:

WALK? You can still walk? I fell last week, bounced off a wall and stepped on a sharp piece of plastic. Then the VA finally gave me my new cane, yesterday. The swelling is mostly gone, but I sure can't walk very well.