Machine moving skates

When my mill was delivered the crew used 4 small object that I can only describe as skates. They were made of a steel angle with two axles on the bottom with ball bearings for wheels. used a pinch bar to lift the mill about an inch and slipped two in on one side then two on the other. Rolled that puppy across the shop floor smooth and easy. A big advantage was the machine only had to be lifted an inch or so to get them under. Does anyone know who sells these? Jim

Reply to
Jim Dincau

Pert' much everybody who deals in equipment. They're called "roller dollies" or "roller-track dollies", depending upon the design. McMaster carries them, among others.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Aw c'mon, Jim. Make some! They're easy .. I did, got the 6" casters from cheapcasters.com, can post my design if you want.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Leigh at MarMachine makes very very nice ones

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Gunner

Gunner Asch

I am, I just didn't remember how big the bearings were. These were ball bearings with the outer races running on the floor not casters. Jim

Reply to
Jim Dincau

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:02:35 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Grant Erwin quickly quoth:

Yeah, Grant. Please toss the design up in the dropbox.

===================================================================== -=Everything in Moderation,=- NoteSHADES(tm) glare guards -=including moderation.=-

Larry Jaques

Reply to
Grant Erwin

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 20:24:00 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Grant Erwin quickly quoth:

I sure wish you had shown a third view. Those two leave me cold. What/where are the rollers, what slides under the machine, etc?!?

Which view is which? Is the upper view the end view, with the casters the bottom pieces, one to each side (with no connecting bolts shown)? If so, that makes the thing over a foot tall. (Doesn't work for me.)

I can almost decipher it several ways, none of which works out logically. I can usually grok simple drawings easily enough to actually build something from them, even undimensioned drawings. But there doesn't seem to be enough info in yours to do that.

More info, please!

===================================================================== -=Everything in Moderation,=- NoteSHADES(tm) glare guards -=including moderation.=-

Larry Jaques

Reply to
Grant Erwin

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:47:18 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Grant Erwin quickly quoth:

damnedtoppostingcorrectedyalazybutthead;)

OhhhhhK. The top is a "front" view and the bottom a "side" view with just plain ol' rectangles for casters. Got it. That one detail omission made a real difference. Also, I was thinking "side-mount" while you built front/rear mounts.