Machinist definition (redux)

The best engineer I've ever met knew how to _do_ the tool and die maker's job.... That's one fellow you could never bullshit and if you felt like disagreeing, you had better have a damn good argument, and be ready to have holes shot all through it, even if it were a good one. Some folks called him arrogant, but arrogance can often be confused for great confidence in your abilities, if you ask me. We got along great, which was great for everyone I had to work with.

Reply to
carl mciver

Here's what the Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics has to say about the definition of "machinist", from

"89108 - Machinists

Set up and operate variety of machine tools. Fit and assemble parts to make or repair machine tools and maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures. Study specifications, such as blueprints, sketch, or description of part to be replaced, and plan sequence of operations."

Reply to
Artemia Salina