making a burner for a gas grill

(...)

I know the cooker isn't marked WRT brandname, but you might be able to pick out a more compatible burner anyways.

Here are 582 pictures to look at:

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Winston on Mon, 12 Jul 2010 14:48:01 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Say, Pyotr how about this Charbroil part?

3-7/8" wide x 10-7/8" long

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Problem is, I don't know what make or model this is.

Well, that was interesting. Couple items which might work.

I have a lead for a local "in store" contact - a Genuwine OId Geezer Who Knows. I'll report back tomorrow.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

And as you know, there were no exact matches on that site.

Excellent! Those are a rare species.

With good news, hopefully.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Plan 9 - start haunting the second hand stores.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

(...)

I would, but my angora is at the dry cleaners.

- start haunting the second hand stores.

This'd clean up nicely, I bet.

I've got one of these. This requires a little less TLC than the Coleman:
to 20 lb cylinder use is easy.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

I must have found the wrong store - they had no replacement parts. Some cool stuff, but I was on a tight schedule.

And then me and my lady friend went to the second hand stores. No BBQ stuff, but I scored a UPS for the computer .. and more books.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

(...)

Bummer.

Cool!

Stumbled across this.

Do the pictures of the older RoadTrip Grills ring any bells?

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Need a new burner for my Q. They had them at Lowes. But every package had been opened and something stole from it. Damn thieves. Is only a $14 part. cost me a couple bucks to drive to Lowes. (But was there for other stuff.)

Reply to
Califbill

(...)

I shopped at my local Lowe's for the first time, last week. Picked up some copper pipe at a good price. Pity about the economy though. The place was *spooky* deserted. Parking lot was about 20% full, though.

I remember driving only one car, not 10 cars to get there. :)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

In So Cal..even the Mexican day laborers have taken to playing cards in the shade at our Lowes and HDs

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Nice grills, but "massive" by comparison.

Whatever happened to "modest" table top grills? All they do is set on the table,and heat meat? No side table, no dual igniters, ... grumble, grumble, maybe I'll schedule a trip back to the store I got it at, and see if Bill knows anything. Or Dean.ask Bill

OTOH, the sign said "free stuff" so I now have two chairs, tow chaise lounge pads, and a small bunch of copper pipe. And a bell.

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

(...)

Free Copper Pipe?

Grumble grumble grumble.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Short bits, look to be the stuff ripped out for a replacement. So, either I can make something of them, or more scrap copper. Hummm, copper pipe as a burner element???

?Is it dinner time already?

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

I'd be concerned about the integrity of the joints holding the burner together. Stainless or cast iron would be 'way better, I expect.

It's *always* dinner time!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

But I have Rivets! I could rivet the beast together!

Or use a higher temperature solder for the joints.

or something...

Oh, and this weekend, I scored even more "stuff" - last hauls form a guy clearing out Moms house - sixty years of accumulated stuff in the basement. So, I now have more "scrap brass." - hmmm, maybe cast a new burner?

protects, projects projects.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Whilst still young and dumb, SWMBO and I had a custom fireplace screen made. It was pretty, but fell to pieces when the solder holding it all together suffered from one of SWMBO's 'enthusiasic' fires. Word to the wise.

I still like the melting points of stainless or cast iron better. Stainless welds like a dream; if you use the right filler it doesn't even corrode afterwords. :)

Brass makes great chotskys:

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Winston on Tue, 27 Jul 2010 21:11:42 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Sounds like fun.

Cool.

We cleared the undergrowth this after noon - now there is space to "play".

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

(...)

YeeeHaw!