Making custom power connectors

Maybe $10 each for ones with just a few pins. Less if you can find them surplus, but there are a lot of variations.
Best regards, Spehro Pefhany
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany
Thanks. The part number is MS3106A28-20S. I found it for $40 already, at
I am obviously going to look for better price.
Ignoramus25901
Just for the record, since no one else seems to have mentioned it:
No, using wood would be a bad idea. Wood is not such a good insulator when damp.
Reply to
Walter Harley
I think you've already figured it out, but go find the right connector. If you butcher the radio or start soldering wires to the pins you risk ruining the resale value - some buyers want to actually use them.
If you can't find the parts cheap, try Apex Electronics 8909 San Fernando Road, Sun Valley CA. 818/767-7202
You'll have to call and ask, the website doesn't even scratch the surface of what's in there.
They are a high-tech wrecking yard for the electronics and defense industries, and they have aisles stacked with NOS mil-spec connectors. And they've been used as a high-tech prop house, too - set designers use bits to outfit the "laboratory"...
-->--
Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman
Thank you Bruce. I will give them a call.
Ignoramus31471
Apex...takes a little bit of getting used to.
To say its ah...got a lot of Stuff....is something of an understatement......
Apex is freaking Nirvanah for people like me/us.
Gunner
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." - John Stewart Mill
Reply to
Gunner
Oh, yeah. Need to get over there soon, I don't get to that end of the valley too often lately. Might find some air line hardware, have to plumb the garage...
Their only drawback is, they /do/ know what the stuff cost new, so you can't low-ball them too much on some items. Something that might be nifty to grab on a whim for $1 and screw around with to see if you can make it work isn't so inviting when they say it's $50 - you tend to rethink your design. But they've got little and big Variacs, Sola Ferroresonant transformers, regular transformers, every kind of wire and cable known to mankind, vacuum tubes, odd connectors, panel meters, some pneumatics, some hydraulics...
The back yard outside is great - for a while they had a big collection of those 1950's brew-a-cup-fresh coffee vending machines. An old UHF TV Transmitter. Several sizes of microwave waveguides, rigid and flexible. And a bunch of aerospace test stands. Some aircraft drop tanks. And somewhere under the pile was a Studebaker Pickup...
They have regular go-rounds with the LACityFD Inspector for having stuff stacked too high and insufficient aisle space. My kind of people. ;-)
-->--
Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman
Ive been tasked with rebuilding some stripped German metal spinning lathes, and I need to make a run over there for some 2'x3' electrical cabinets for relay boxes and some 3ph disconnects. Plus some bits and pieces for my own projects.