Making eyelets - or source

I need about 5k/yr of 1/2" ID x .015"wall x @7/16" long steel with any flange on one end. I used to get them from Stimpson but they want a 50k order. I would make dies if I had the slightest idea how. None of my die books have eyelets in them and I'm too stupid to figure it out by myself. I assume they are deep drawn shells with the bottom punched out. Any advice? Any source for smaller qty.?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Hey Tom,

Would that be similar to a "flaring tool" operation? You know, for flaring a copper or steel pipe as in a fuel line or brake line.

Take care.

Brian Laws>I need about 5k/yr of 1/2" ID x .015"wall x @7/16" long steel with any

Reply to
Brian Lawson