Martin Aircraft jetpack

"The Jetpack achieves with 30 minutes of flight time .."

Reply to
Cliff

Cliff wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Kind of feels like PhotoShop. 30 minutes of flight...and no video?

Ken

Reply to
Ken Moffett

It's real... it was here in Oshkosh during the EAA. Videos are here:

It's more of a "ducted-fan" pack than a "jet" pack, but they did design and build there own 200hp two-stroke engine.

Reply to
David Courtney

Wow, no thanks. That's a lot more like strapping yourself to a car as the front bumper than a "pack".

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

What is the power out glide ratio? vForward/vDown ? Sounds like zero to me. I'll pass.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

--Nice but I think I like that one with the high pressure water pumps better, if only because single-point-failure is less catastrophic. Imagine sucking a bird into Martin's newfangled contraption!

Reply to
steamer