MAZAK ACE LATHE 16 X 60

I JUST BOUGHT A MAZAK ACE LATHE 16 X 60 AND CAN'T GET THE POWER FEED TO WORK. THE SELECTOR THAT INGAGES FORWARD AND REVERSE DOES NOT SEEM TO
WANT TO MOVE FAR ENOUGH TO INGAGE THE GEARS TO THE FEED. I TOOK THE TOP OFF BUT COULD NOT SEE ANYTHING THAT WOULD STOP THE GEAR FROM MOVING ALL THE WAY. THE GEAR DOES MOVE QUITE A BIT BUT I CAN ONLY GUESS THAT IT IS NOT MOVING FAR ENOUGH . THIS MAY NOT EVEN BE THE PROBLEM. CAN ANY BODY HELP. BOOTSNHATS
Please don't use all caps... you are SHOUTING very loudly in email etiquette.... lower case works just fine to get your message across
steve