warner swazey screw machine 1ab or 1ac cross slides problems

hope some body can help me with this problem. when i am setting up a job in hand mode and i call for a cross slide , the cross slide will jump forward all the way to center and cause a crash. then the cross slides jump time and the cross slides will not move at all. reseting the timing gears in the side panel does not seem to help. any body got any ideas?

bootsnhats

Reply to
bootsnhats

Well, it surely sounds like your cross slide lead screw and/or nut are extremely badly worn. My idea is to, well, fix them.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Yep, pose this exact same question to the Warner & Swazey board, right here:

If they don't know, nobody will.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

JIM IF I UNDERSTAND YOUR ANSWER , YOU POSED THE SAME QUESTION. IF THAT IS CORRECT DID YOU GET AN ANSWER AND IF SO WHAT WAS THE ANSWER? BOOSNHATS

Reply to
bootsnhats

GWE IF MEMORY SERVES ME RIGHT THE CROSS SLIDES ARE DRIVEN BY CAMS , NOT LEAD SCREWS OR NUTS. OR DID I MISS SOMETNING? BOOTSNHATS

Reply to
bootsnhats

That is not the case. You can simply ask the question there yourself, and the folks there will try to answer it.

I just knew that there aren't many warner swazey folks on this board, and there are a lot of them there. Because I don't know much about the machines, and did not really understand the essence of your question, I thought I should simply show you where that board was, and let you and them begin a dialog.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

JIM THANKS FOR THE REPLY. I WILL CHECK IT OUT. BOOTSNHATS

Reply to
bootsnhats

===== While your at it see if you can find out why your caps lock key is jammed on.

Uncle George