Metal Artwork

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 23:25:01 -0400, Spehro Pefhany wrote the following:

I'd be willing to bet that he gets a bit more than a buck and a half for that sculpture, if he's allowed by BATFE to sell any.

It does, indeed, live up to its name.

-- It is pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness; poverty and wealth have both failed. -- Kin Hubbard

Reply to
Larry Jaques

It's a muzzle loading, black powder pistol. BATFE-XYZMOUSE doesn't consider it a firearm at all. The tax stamp is a marketing gimmick.

Reply to
John Husvar

Certainly not in my area of knowledge, but perhaps it's considered a disguised gun, so in the 'AOW' category?

Judging by the other prices on his website, he'd be asking $10K+ for a copy.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

=A0 -- Kin Hubbard

Nope, it's muzzle-loading, so free of federal interest. Might have some state/local restrictions, though. Hey, it keeps him off the street...

I'd prefer my puzzles to be belt-fed.

Stan

Reply to
stans4

For that kind of money you could get make 11 of these:

The owner told me it takes ~600 hours to machine and build one, and he doesn't sell the completed units anymore. Too many bankers and lawyers breaking something and then sniveling about it.

Newb

Reply to
newb