metal casting

hi,

does anyone on this ng cast metals such as brass or aluminium? i am wondering what sort of kiln do you use, gas or electric

thanks

Reply to
BemusedbyQM

$12 sears barbeque grill with a blower and coal. Brass melts fine in a

2 cup cast iron shortening melting pot with this setup.
Reply to
Cydrome Leader

I like propane, heats up quickly, easy to purchase and store.

Gary Brady Austin, TX

Reply to
Gary Brady

I've set up myself a small casting furnace and have a web page describing how I went about it.

Not a commercial site, just my hobby, nothing for-sale.

SomeBody

"Roy" wrote: (clip) Its gonna be hard to get good thread pitch by casting, usiing greensand. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That was my first thought, until I looked at the pictures. Then, I thought, "He's going to cast it without threads and then run a die over it."

Reply to
Leo Lichtman