Metal Question during our Political Slugfest Intermisson

I see Ford's ads for their "quiet metal" dash. Does anyone know for sure what is? I can see lead being quieter but I doubt they went that route.

Reply to
Andy Asberry

I read awhile back about one company (don't remember name) doing some testing on a laminate of steel-plastic-steel. The ad gives credit to a different company their trademark?

tt

Reply to
Terry Thorne

It is a trademarked laminate, made by MSC (Materials Science Corp). It has layers of steel and a viscoelastic (rubbery plastic) material. See

Gary

Reply to
Gary Coffman

IIRC Lexus has been using that in their top of the line model for some years.

Reply to
ff