Metal Tag Fastner

Does anyone know the proper name for the rivet ( pin ) type , round head fastners with spiral shank, that are used to attach metal plates to equipment ? You drill a blind hole and drive them in.

I need to purchase some, but cannot find them, due to not knowing what name to look for.

TIA

Reply to
Cosmopolite

Search on drive screws. These may be what you are looking for. Or not.

Errol Groff

Reply to
Errol Groff

Thank you. They actually call them easy drive nails, but are the correct type.

Reply to
Cosmopolite

can't think of the name of them but I usually tap the hole & substitute 4-40 button screws

Reply to
Tony

We use them in the composites ( FRP ) industry to layout flange drilling patterns on the mold, so that the bit only has to be centered in the dimple that the button leaves on the molded flange face.

The recess in screw heads would make it hard to de-mold and may also tear away some of the face, since there is very little re-inforcement in that area, due to corrosion resistance which only comes from the resin.

Reply to
Cosmopolite

"drive screws" over at hanson fastners. I'll have to remember both names...

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

No, as Errol said they actually call them drive screws. "Easy drive nails" may be a brand name, but the generic name is drive screws.

John Martin

Reply to
John Martin

McMaster-Carr, lists them under nails. If you type in "drive screws " these units come up, but they are under the nail section as " easy drive nails " . Confusin, ain't it. :)

Reply to
Cosmopolite

[ ... ]

FWIW, I've bought them under the same name from MSC. Quite inexpensive for a box of 1000 in the sizes which I got.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols