Brass rivets

Would anyone know the proper name of a type of round headed brass rivet with a spiral flute on it's shaft, the ones I used to use were around 2mm dia with a 3mm dia head & 6mm in length, we used them for attaching steel rules to the machines we built, drilling a blind hole & then just tapping them in.

I just can't remember what they were called, the old memory isn't what it once far as I can remember

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

Type U hammer drive rivet


-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK

formatting link

Reply to
Prepair Ltd

Also know as Drive Screws, Listers etc use a No4 x 1/4" to hold the brass labels.

Andy M milestones

Reply to

We used to call them "one way wonders"!


Kim Siddorn.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

I've always called them tap-tights - don't know whether this is a brand name or not.


Reply to
Dan Howden

Erm, any suggestions where I might be able to get hold of a few? I need 2 not 1000 : Thanks all

Reply to

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.