Brass rivets

Would anyone know the proper name of a type of round headed brass rivet with a spiral flute on it's shaft, the ones I used to use were around 2mm dia with a 3mm dia head & 6mm in length, we used them for attaching steel rules to the machines we built, drilling a blind hole & then just tapping them in.

I just can't remember what they were called, the old memory isn't what it once was.......as far as I can remember

Reply to
Max

Type U hammer drive rivet

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Also know as Drive Screws, Listers etc use a No4 x 1/4" to hold the brass labels.

Andy M milestones snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
andyengine

We used to call them "one way wonders"!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

I've always called them tap-tights - don't know whether this is a brand name or not.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

Thanks all

Reply to
Max

Erm, any suggestions where I might be able to get hold of a few? I need 2 not 1000 : Thanks all

Reply to
Max