rivets in blind holes

I believe there was a previous post about the type and name of rivets that are hammered into blind holes but I cannot find it now so here is the question again.

What is the name of those serrated rivets that can be hammered into a blind hole to make a fixing? Often used for labels I believe.

I need some 3/32" round head of this type about 1/4" in length and I am having difficulty in sourcing them. Only need about 50.

Anyone have the answers please?

Alan

Reply to
Alan Marshall

are you talking about something like:

James Varga

No, Pennfast have nothing like it on their web site.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Marshall

it like the rivet with the spiral on this link
I did have some like this made from brass about 2mm diameter on the shank and about 6mm long. I seem to remember that they were thrown out some time ago when I had a clean up. I will check in daylight tomorrow in the shed may have some left. These were used to fix the name plates on, like you mention. I thought they were called spiral rivets but found nothing on Google.

Lionel

Reply to
Lionel

I think they are called "drive screws" but what do I know? Brian

Reply to
Brian Lambert

Found names like "self tapping" and "tap" rivets but no supplier found yet. have found an E-bay listing for some small packets of 6 for holding on name badges but do not know the sizes , so have asked a question.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Marshall

Ordinary pop rivets in a slightly oversized hole will also suffice.

Reply to
Lofty

Brian Lambert is correct they are called drive screws.

I have found a few here. The box has CKN logo Description Hammer Drive Screws Round Head. Size No 6 x 3/4

Article number 4530-08

They measure 3.5 mm across the spiral. 2.9mm on the small diameter below spiral. Length is 3/8

Reply to
Lionel