Metal working

x-no-archive: Yes

I need to have 10 small square holes drilled and rectangular window milled into

0.040" thick aluminum housing. Does a U.S.A company provide this custom service, since I will be needing multiple housings pre-drilled? Thanks in advance. John
Reply to
JohnR43867

Does the shape of the housing create a reason why these openings can't be punched?

"Drilling" square holes, while not completely impossible, isn't done very often.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

I bet you could easily make a punch and die out of 4140 or even a mild/medium carbon steel to punch those holes, if you only need like 100 holes or something. Normally the component that fits inside the hole covers the edges of the hole anyway, so a great edge wouldn't be really necessary.

Got some files and a drill press?

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

x-no-archive: Yes

I need a rectangular hole the size of 1-3/16" by 1/2" wide. Do not prefer to punch and then mill it myself. I do not have the time and experience to make these holes myself. I also need 1/4-inch diameter by 18.5mm extension shaft and 10 BA screw.

Reply to
JohnR43867

Any sheetmetal shop should have the capability to do that stuff. They'll punch or mill it as needed. I've got maybe a dozen or more shops that can do such around my neighborhood.

-- Bob May Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less. Works every time it is tried!

Reply to
Bob May