Metalurgy FAQ

This may be of interest :

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

Steve Lusardi

If you like it...drop the man an email and thank him, and ask him to write more. The dude Does know his stuff

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

I got a ton of email. Thanks to all.

I started coming here in 1995 but dropped out around Y2K. There was 500-800 posts a day then. I've always liked the posts like "boiling the tannic acid out of acorns to make them edible" or "clarifying butter for longer storage" and threads like that. The biggest reason I left was threads like "Which gun is better", "MRE's suck" or "What's the best things to have in a bug-out bag". And the biggest reason was the political threads. Heck, any sane person knows that Liberal/Leftist people are morons! ;-)

Mac or PC?

I wrote the Metallurgical FAQ to impart the basic knowledge to use metallurgy for TEOTWAWKI. IE, where to find certain grades of steel and how to heat treat them. Knowing what happens to steel when you heat it and cool it at different rates will allow you to make knives and other tools.

(Oh yeah, the "which knife is better" thread! OY!)

Thanks everyone for the kudos. I've had the same email address for 12 years. I'm not going anywhere. :-)

Drake

Reply to
Doc

Well hey, Drake! Long time, no see.

.....Alan.

-- Curiosity killed the cat - lack of it is killing mankind.

Reply to
A.T. Hagan

Welcome back!

Thank you for the metalurgy writeup. I read part of it, yesterday, and quickly concluded it's a keeper, worthy of some serious study. I'll be printing it out for future reference and study.

Best regards,

Reply to
Orrin Iseminger