Metric brass flats?

Is there a on-line metals place that has metric dimensioned brass rectangular stock? I would rather not machine the steadyrest fingers from imperial stock since it's going to result in a bunch of brass filings.

Reply to
Louis Ohland

A lot of them do.

Bob Swinney "Louis Ohland" wrote in message news:98Uon.27324$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe21.iad... Is there a on-line metals place that has metric dimensioned brass rectangular stock? I would rather not machine the steadyrest fingers from imperial stock since it's going to result in a bunch of brass filings.

Reply to
Robert Swinney

Name one.

Reply to
Louis Ohland

Pete Keillor

Yup. Another RFQ. I want perhaps a meter of 8mm square stock.

Reply to
Louis Ohland

Is 5/16" close enough?

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

And for that, 8951K23 at mcmaster is 22.68 for 6 feet.

Wes

Wes

8mm is .3150, 5/16 is .3125

Makes me feel like I'm conducting brain surgery on a paper cut. How will the chinese ever forgive me for .0025" of slop?

Reply to
Louis Ohland

You expect the stock to be that accurate?

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Probably no chance that it (stock) would be on the plus side of tolerance ;(

Wes

Wes

Ditto I need about 1 meter of 12 mm square brass stock, no luck at any of my usual suppliers. I'll probably try to settle for 7/16 " (11.11mm), but I'd be very grateful if anyone has a reasonably priced source for the metric size in the US.

Charlie Rowe